Back To The Streets

Stupid Rockstar.

I looked over to see none other than Brendon. Millie was smiling brightly, but soon her smile fell when she saw my face that was plastered with hatred. "Has knocking me to the ground become your new hobby or something?" I muttered with a venomous undertone.

Brendon snickered. "My bad. How awkward it must be for us to keep meeting like this."

I started to approach him, and said, "I wonder how awkward it will be when I shove my foot up your a-"

I was interrupted by Millie grabbing my arm and leading me towards the door. "Okay. I think we will be going now. Nice to see you again Brendon."

As my anger fumed, I thought God, what a smug little jerk that guy is. I can't believe that he thinks he just knock me down without any repercussions. My thoughts were interrupted by someone tapping me on the shoulder. I turned around and saw it was Millie.

"Aubrey! Are you insane!? Why would you say something like that to him? He didn't do anything wrong. There is no reason for you to be mad!" Millie huffed, and I took a step back.

"Millie, I'm not sure if you realize this- actually I know you don't- but, Brendon is an egotistical jerk. I'm sure it wasn't accident. He didn't even say sorry." I looked at her, my eyes searching for any sign that what I was saying was sinking in.

Apparently it didn't. " Aubrey, come on. You're over-analyzing the situation. It's not like he's doing it on purpose."

I shrugged. "I guess you're right. So, are you ready to hit the mall?" I tried to sound chipper, but I couldn't quite muster up the enthusiasm.

"Oh yeah! I kind of forgot about our plans. Should we call Clint?"

"Why not," I replied, and Millie whipped out her phone, hastily dialing Clint's number. I motioned for her to follow me into the car, and soon we were speeding along the express way to the mall.

By the time we arrived, Millie had just got off the phone with Clint. Apparently, he had to tell her all about his lingerie shopping experience with Aiden. From the look on Millie's face, it didn't go well. "Where are we going to meet him?" I questioned.

"He said he'll just catch up with us. He was still in bed when I called."

"Okay, well let's go," I said as we headed inside.

After many hours of shopping and finding nothing in particular we liked, Millie and I decided to find somewhere to eat lunch. We decided on our favorite Chinese food restaurant, and thought that would be where we could wait for Clint. We sat down and ordered our food, and started a conversation of comfortable small talk. That's when I saw him.

'Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me!" I practically screamed. This of course caused him to look in my direction, and when he recognized me, he began to walk over to our table. At the sight of him, Millie lit up.

"Hi Brendon!" Millie squealed.

"Hello girls," Brendon said, slurring the syllables, trying to exude swagger.

"Oh please. What are you stalking me now? Too bad I'm not standing up, so sorry to disappoint." I spat, with a subtle scowl on my face.

Brendon chuckled. "Oh Aubrey, don't flatter yourself."

I scoffed, "Excuse me?" I wanted to wring his neck.

Brendon's smug smile disappeared. "I said don-" Millie took this as a time to interject.

"Guys! What is up with you two?"

"He's an annoying, pompous jerk."

"And she's a bitter hag." At that I stood up to smack him, but Millie caught my hand before it could connect with his cheek. Millie threw my hand down at my side, and gave me cruel look. I stepped back to see a look of true horror on Brendon's face.

"Apologize. Now." Millie furiously huffed under her breath. I gave her a look that said yeah right. She gave no sympathy.

"Okay. Since I'm not going to act like an immature baby, I'm going to apologize. So I'm sorry." I averted my eyes to the ground.

A familiar smile crept across Brendon's face. "Truce?" He said, as he held out his hand.

"Fine," I agreed, shaking his hand. Millie giggled. Both Brendon's and my head immediately swung over to see Millie trying to contain her excitement. I shook my head and turned to face Brendon again. Instead, I saw Clint come in the door. He spotted us and casually walked over to us.

"Hey," he said to Millie and I, but instantly noticed Brendon, "Why hello there. I don't think we've met. I'm Clint," he held out his hand to Brendon.

Brendon looked at Clint's hand for a moment, and then shook it loosely. "Yeah. I'm Brendon."

Clint pondered that for a moment. Then his eyes lit up. "As in Brendon Urie of Panic at the Disco?"

"Yep. That's me," Brendon said with a toothy smile. Clint smiled in response.

"Uh Clint? We ordered vegetable fried rice. Is that okay?" I asked, trying to snap him out of his dream like state. What is it with this guy? He attracts attention like a light to a moth, I thought to myself. It took a few seconds, but Clint finally responded.

"Yeah, yeah. That's good for me. So Brendon, will you be joining us?" Clint said, turning his attention to Brendon again.

Brendon thought for a moment, and I looked at the situation. Both Clint and Millie were hanging on Brendon's every word. Suddenly, Brendon's eyes followed my body, and looked me straight in the eye. With his gaze leaving my face, he answered with a big grin, "Why yes. I think I will. If no one has a problem with it."

I scowled, knowing full well that he was doing this to spite me. I tried to smile to make my lie seem plausible. "I don't have a problem with it." It was such a huge lie, I was barely able to spit it out.

He didn't even need to ask Millie or Clint. We all knew they wouldn't have a problem with it. With my apparent end to the conversation, we all sat down. The waiters rushed to accommodate the very important celebrity.

Time passed, and slowly our plates became more and more empty. Eventually, our plates were cleared and we began after dinner small talk. This is when a huge bomb was dropped.

Brendon cleared his throat. "I have a something to ask of you all."

Millie and Clint immediately tuned in, while I picked at my nails, only pretending to listen.

"Well, I would like to invite all of you to my concert tonight. Tickets and backstage passes, free of charge." Millie exploded with excitement.

"Oh. My. God. YES!" Both Millie and Clint said at the same time. I just sighed at the site of those two.

"Great," Brendon smiled, and checked his watch, "Oh. I have to be going now. It's almost time for sound check." Brendon got up and started toward the door, but turned back to say," And I expect to see you there Aubrey." He pointed his finger towards me. I smiled sarcastically. Brendon just smiled, and turned around to make his way out the door.

Millie just sat there in a daze. Clint smiled to himself. Then it hit me, "Dude, he totally just left without paying his share of the bill! How cheap." Millie and Clint didn't even notice my tiny outburst.

I flagged down the waiter, and asked for the check. All he said was, "It's on the house."

All I thought was, stupid rockstar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment. Now. I'm serious. Go.
No comments= No updates
Comments= Updates and happy author