Mad Love

Scars Of Happiness

The door opened before anything could progress from the kiss. It was a clown man.

"Boss, the new place is ready just like you asked for." He said.

The Joker just stared at him as if he wanted to kill him for barging in, but he just got up and threw his coat on.

"Come on." he said, leaving the room.

Once again we were in the dirty old van.

"Where are we going?" I asked, whispering into The Joker's ear.

"A new place. The warehouse isn't safe anymore since Dent knows where you are. So we're re-locating." He said, with a look of concern gleaming in his deep brown eyes.

He noticed I was staring and quickly looked away. It wasn't long until we stopped, and the van was shut off.

"We're here." Shawn said, opening the side door.

I stepped out to see that we were in a nice neighborhood. I followed The Joker and five other clowns into a big house. The inside was set up with nice furniture. A purple couch and a green sofa. But everything else seemed...normal. I was willing to bet though, that after three days of us being here, it would look completely different.

"You, your room is the master bedroom. The last one to the right." The Joker said, tossing me a key.

I luckily caught it without much effort. I went up to the room, to see it was pad locked. I opened it quickly and pushed open the door to see everything once again, purple and green. Even the bathroom was full of the two colors. But it was fine by me, I was growing to like them more and more anyway. I decided to shower.

When I got out, I seen The Joker sitting on the toilet. Not using it, but just sitting on it with the lid down. He looked tired, worn-down and exhausted. His makeup faded. So I grabbed a rag, and wiped away the remaining makeup. Surprisingly he didn't protest. He just sat there.

He looked odd without the makeup. Not odd like in an ugly way, but more in a way that I wasn't used to. His scars had a slight brown tint to them, but they were smooth.

"How did you get those?" I asked, tracing my fingers over them lightly.

"Do you want the truth or a complete lie?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Which ever you choose." I said.

"I was never a 'happy' person. So I decided one day, that maybe if I had a constant smile, that just maybe I would become happy." He said.

I believed him, because I trusted him. I loved him...
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise it will be picking up soon! Just be patient.