You're Appealing to the Emotions That I Simply Do Not Have

08.

"Well, I'm sort of glad I told you. I'm going to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas, anyone coming?" Patrick, Andy and Joe shook their heads while Pete nodded and followed her into the tiny lounge area at the back of the bus.

They sat on the couch together as the opening song played. They sang it together, word for word, and continued saying the lines of the movie together until the end. By that time They were both laying down on the small couch together, asleep in each others arms.

Rory woke up slowly, not realizing anyone was with her or near her until she had turned over and saw Pete. She resisted the urge to scream, and looked over to the clock. Her eyes widened when she realized she had actually slept a full night, and she woke Pete up. "Wake up!" She said, shaking him. He stretched and opened his eyes.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." Rory repeated. When he glanced at the clock and back at her, she nodded.

"We actually slept a full night without taking pills." She said. When he didn't move off the couch she shook him. "Come on, get up! We're at the venue and you're playing right after sound check." She glanced out the window and heard laughing. Pete got up quickly, showered, got dressed and headed into the venue for the sound check. He arrived inside and go onto the stage and looked at the faces of Patrick, Joe and Andy.

"You do realize you slept properly without taking pills." They informed him.

"Yeah, I know." Pete said.

"Both of you did. I'm surprised." Patrick said. He smiled at him and they started their sound check.

After the show all four boys raced back to the bus, eager to get to their next destination. The walked quickly up the stairs and went into the little 'kitchen' area and found Rory. She smiled and pointed for them to sit down at the table. They did as they were told and sniffed at the air.
"What are you making?" They asked in unison.

"Food." She said. She placed plates in front of each of them and they looked down in awe.

"I can't eat this." Patrick said. Her face fell.

"Why not?" Rory asked, hurt.

"Because its too pretty." Pete said.

"What is it anyway?" Joe asked.

"Lemon and herb marinated chicken with a grilled lemon and basil pesto..." They looked at her, confused, before looking strangely at the food. "Its chicken, guys." She watched as they picked it up and ate.

"This is delicious!" Andy exclaimed. "Where did you learn to cook like this?"

"I went to culinary school in Italy when I was eighteen." She said. They were impressed and chowed down the rest of the food, all before the bus started and they were off to the next venue.

After a week of touring Rory had gotten into a tradition. The boys would wake up, go play a show, come back and she would cook them something and they would be off to their next location. She had been unable to sleep at all for that week.
Pete had started bringing random groupies from the occasional night show back to the bus. The bus walls are only so thick, so she heard all about these late night escapades. In the morning of a free day they were spending in California, Patrick found her sitting on the bathroom toilet cover, Kleenex in her ears and her head resting on her knees.
"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Ugh..." Rory took the Kleenex out of her eyes and lifted her head. He noticed the dark lines under her eyes, signifying that she hadn't had sleep in days.

"Have you not even gotten a minute of sleep?" Patrick asked incredulously. She shook her head again and stood up. She was mad.

"All Pete does is fuck girls, all fucking night. God, why doesn't he just fucking sleep?!"
♠ ♠ ♠
so far, in this story im at chapter eight, but from the 19 chapters ive already written and im using ive used nine and a half of ten.

like it ?

comment .

: )

hate it ?

comment .