What Now?

Lets just be friends

As she leaned over, we almost hit into each other. As this was my first time to kiss a girl, I really had no idea what I was doing. I bent over the arm rest in the awkward movie seats, and touched her lips with mine. I followed what she did, and I guess it was a kiss. We broke off after a second or two, and started again. This was what we did for a long time. Then, she broke off, and moved my arm away. She let go of my other hand, and seemed very reserved. I quietly asked what was wrong, and she simply responded nothing. We stayed silent for most of the movie, until she put her head on my shoulder, and just laid it there. I figured she was just resting, and let the matter of her withdrawing drop.

I found out just after the movie, that she was sleeping on my shoulder. At that, I laughed a bit, and we kept on going. The other couple that we were double dating left much earlier than we did, and we used that time to ourselves. There were people all around, and it was amazing to kiss her again with people watching. It was just that rush of adrenaline that made it all the better. We sat outside the movie theater for a while, waiting for my dad to pick us up. We pretty much just talked, and kissed, and talked some more. One of the things I think I'll always remember she said that night, was that for not ever having a girlfriend before, and not ever being kissed by a girl, I was pretty awesome.

So we went for about a week without really seeing each other. We talked on the phone pretty much every night, but I was missing her. She decided that we should see each other again, and we figured out that I was going to go to her house, watch a movie, and eat dinner. I got to her house, and she sat down on the couch, pulling me with her. We sat for a while, and as I went to kiss her, she pulled away. This was seriously a bad sign. I asked what was wrong, and yet again, she replied with nothing. After a good twenty minutes of silence, she spoke up, and said, "Hey.. It would be okay if we were just friends, right?" I replied, "Of course.. Why?" And right then, I saw it coming. She said that she wanted us to just be friends. That was all. I asked why, and she didn't respond. I was at her house at about 4:00. I was supposed to get picked up at 10:00 PM. I had to spend 6 hours with a family who thought we were still dating, and a girl that I still liked a lot. Her family was out of the loop, and she didn't tell any of them that we broke up. I had to try to show them all that we were, though, of course, we weren't. That 6 hours flew by, and absolutely nothing happened. We listened to some music, watched the movie, watched some TV, and I had to do it all with the girl that just broke up with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, if the girl who this story is about is reading, I do still think you're the one. I really do. I don't want it any other way. I don't have any ideas why you didn't want it to last at least a bit longer. For the readers, I haven't gotten another girlfriend yet. She was my first, and probably my last for a while. I hate to say it, but its probably true.