Just Impolite

We're All Nerds!

We spent most of the time together laying in the grass and staring endlessly into the clouds. It was definitely great seeing him again. He's that kind of person where you can totally be yourself around, and despite what you debate about, they'll still like you.

I'd asked him why he was in such a rush to get to the park. He said him and his dad really weren't getting along. He told his dad that he wanted to drop out of college to commit to his band more, but his dad disagreed so much. Ryan also went to college on a scholarship. I was amazed, and I definitely do respect him.

"I don't know what to do," he said softly as he tucked his hands behind his head.

I listened to the grass below us move because of the wind. "If you truly wanted something, you'd give it your all to get it."

"I'm not that kind of guy though," he admitted, "It's too much for me. I mean when I want something, I go for it, but if something stops me, then it's out of my desire."

I looked at him, "But what if the things you want always have something that stops you? Then you'll never get what you want."

He sat up and put his knees to his chest, "I guess that's what will happen."

"I think you deserve more," I sat up and cocked my head to the side, "and I think you should try more."

"Amelie," he said as he laughed, "I like the way you think. It's like a little kid." He gave me a quick pat on the head and stood up. He reached his hand out and I grabbed it. He pulled me up.

"Pft," I said as I wiped off small pieces of grass.

The both of us stretched about as we discussed where we should hang out for the next hour or so, just to relax. He offered some fancy French restaurant that I couldn't even say, but I declined. I don't like too many fancy things

"Let's go to that local smoothie place," I brought up.

He laughed, "Sure."

The two of us walked side by side across streets and along sidewalks, talking like we normally do. We were pretty open to each other about any subject. A few times I walked a bit slanted and brushed his shoulder or his hand. Did I do it on purpose? Guilty, but I made sure it was casual enough to seem like it was natural. I'm lame, shoot me.

We entered the cream tiled smoothie shop with a familiar face mopping the floors. Brandon his name was?

"Hey Brendon," Ryan greeted him with a kiddish grin, "How's work?'

Oh, it was Brendon.

Brendon made a scowl at Ryan, "Shut it." He looked at me and stood there for a few minutes. Then after three seconds his face lit up, "You're the girl from the hospital that was nice enough not to sue us!" He dropped his mop and gave me a warm hug. "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

I simply laughed and Ryan said, "I'll order our smoothies, and you can keep Brendon company while I'm gone. What do you want?"

"I dunno," I shrugged and looked at Brendon, "Any suggestions?"

"Strawberry Fields Forever!" he exclaimed.

I giggled at the Beatles' reference. It was cute, clever, and cheesy. Nonetheless, I enjoy a few Beatles tunes. They're amazing.

Ryan went to the counter and ordered and Brendon picked up his mop. "I didn't think of the weird names though," he said.

I gave him a faux offended look, "Excuse me, but that's a Beatles' song, and I happen to love it!"

"Well, excuse me, Princess" he said quoting Link from the Legend of Zelda TV show. Hey, I'm a nerd.

I smiled at him with an ear-to-ear smile, "Legend of Zelda?"

"Oh my God," he laughed, "I can't believe someone watched it other than me!"

Our conversation went on for two minutes and Ryan came back with our smoothies. He handed mine and sipped his slowly. I took a quick sipped and continued talking with Brendon for a bit and dragged in Ryan into the conversation.

He definitely knew his fair share of Zelda. We're all nerds! It got pretty interesting, our conversation. They were surprised I watched the cartoon series and played the first few games. It's like they expected me to play with Rainbow Brite and Cabbage Patch Kids or something.

I looked at my cell phone to check the time. 5:37PM, I should get home before my parents freak from their little paranoia of their little girl being abused by some untrusted man. They come home at 6-ish.

"I should be getting home now," I announced.

"You suck," Brendon pouted, "Can I get your number?"

I felt flattered and I entered it into his phone for him, "There you go, buddy."

I quickly got a five dollar bill out of my back pocket and handed it to Ryan, but he pushed it back, "No, it's a-okay. A gentleman always pays for the lady."

"But I'd feel guilty," I said as I pushed the dollar towards him back.

"No, I'd feel guilty," he pushed back again.

Brendon snatched the Abe Lincoln from both of us, "If you two don't want it, I do." He plastered a grin on him.

Ryan and I looked at each other and laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hella cheated. She only had a broken leg for like what? Two weeks? Is that normal? Idk, I've never had a broken leg, lol.

Anyways, GUYS I WILL BE UPDATING SLOWER UNTIL NEXT WEEK. Why? 1, I do have a life. 2, I am currently having some family issues, so please bare with me. Don't worry, I'll be updating a lot soon, I promise!!!

Comment, reread, subscribe, whatever. I love you guys <3.