Just Impolite

Admit it, He's Cute

Ryan ended up walking me home. He claimed he ‘had nothing better to do’. A part of me doubted him only because I like to think that we have something between us. I’m unsure of that though. Sometimes I feel like we’re each other’s diaries and sometimes I feel like we’re some connected pairing. Please, God, don’t have me ending up bipolar.

“My aunt used to live here,” Ryan informed as we got in front of my house, “I was here when she sold it.”

“No wonder why I saw some ugly kid hanging around when my folks bought this,” I teased him.

He opened his mouth in shock and offense, and I laughed. “I don’t remember seeing you there. It was only like, two years ago,” he added.

“I was kidding. My parents bought this house while my sister and I were in California for the summer. I love it there,” I replied while starting to reminisce about San Francisco. Oh, how I love Bay Area weather. It was pleasant in the summer, compared to Nevada.

He nodded, “Well, I don’t live too far. You just go down to Mabury, walk straight until Kingston, take a right on Stoner, and it’s the house with a troll doll stuck on the roof. Spencer, who I’ve mentioned in the hospital before, threw it up there when we were younger. We’ve just left it there and it’s in horrible condition.”

A laugh escaped my mouth, as well as his, until I saw my sister peering through the blinds from the living room. She’s probably going to investigate on Ryan or something, knowing the suspicious motherly character she is.

“Well, I should go hang around town for a while, so my dad can cool off or something,” he excused himself, “See you around. Maybe I’ll call or vice versa.”

I said my bye and headed towards the door. As I was about to open the door, it opened by itself. I looked up to see Eliza, and her face seemed to speak for itself. I just motioned to the kitchen so we could talk about it, which we did.

Everything from the clever lines and the idle conversations were spilled. If you couldn’t tell by now, I can’t keep thoughts in. It just felt better if I poured all my feelings out because it’s like the weight is lifted off my back and my thoughts become clearer. Besides, if I didn’t let them out, I get mild insomnia.

“So, you like this guy, right?” she asked while arching an eyebrow.

My head nodded slowly, feeling weird telling my sister this. We loved each other and hung out a lot when we were younger, but we never really talked about love… except when she got engaged and married to Dirk, my brother-in-law and etcetera. But that’s just about it.

She sighed and shook her head, “I don’t know, Am. I’m surprised you can trust a guy so easily after your experience with Rob.”

A shiver ran down my spine at the thought of him. “But Ryan’s a whole ‘nother guy. I mean, the talks we’ve had are great. He’s deep, down-to-earth, and all the other prince charming qualities. You saw him through the window, right? Admit it, he’s cute.”

Eliza chuckled, “I’ll give you that. He has a baby face.” She smiled and looked at me for a few seconds, which was awkward for me, but then she put on a serious face. “Please, Am, don’t trust this guy so soon. I mean you trusted Rob as well. Heck, even I did. Mom and dad didn’t, and that was a good thing. Anyways, just please keep safe this time.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” I groaned as I went up to my room. I felt like a pubescent teenager again as I entered my room with a slam on the door.

My room still had things from my younger years. There was a poster of Jared Leto and one of Leonardo DiCaprio, which must be years old. A couple of Care Bares where aligned on a white shelf, alongside a couple old CDs, VHS tapes, and other trinkets. The cream carpet had a huge red stain from a glass of fruit punch I spilled, and a whole in the wall from me kicking it out of fury.

The closet was a sliding door one, and it was a mirror as well. There were a couple of pictures taped on. Most of them were from high school, and a few were with family. My best friend Ashleigh, who was attending school in London at the American InterContinental University, was in all the school pictures with me. We rarely called each other because of the cost and the time difference. This is why we resort to texting.

Almost all of my friends had moved away from Vegas, to be honest. We all complained about it too much. Plus, we felt limited to all the fun stuff here because most of the ‘cool’ places to hang out required you to be twenty-one or older.

Thinking about my old high school buddies made me sad and feel lonely, so I laid on my bed and curled up into a ball, sort of like what dogs do, and peeled out my phone. Slowly, I dialed Ryan’s number and hit enter.

“Hello?” he answered.

“Hi, I’m lonely,” I stated bluntly.

He chuckled, “Well, this isn’t some hotline where you can talk to horny, lonely chicks.”

I laughed and made a weirded-out, but entertained face at the phone. “I just need to spill my beans, as usual.”

“And of course, I’m listening.”
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SO SO SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING IN EVER.

I've been focusing on Blue and Yellow, AND I was feeling uninspired for this story, but I reread it and thought it was cute. My writing has change, and not as funny as I was before. I don't know, I just suck (:

Plus I don't have many dramatica moments because I didn't develop a plot very well. I just thought of the beginning, some romantic stuff, and the ending. So I've just got fluff and no stuff ):

So comment and tell me whatcha think!