Blue And Yellow

Voice

"And I'm Corey," my roommate said attempting to make a joke. It was cute.

Leah and I chuckled a bit.

"Corey's giving me a 'grand tour' of the place," I told Leah, "This place seems pretty good, so far." I scoped around, just looking at all the buildings. Nothing seems too bad, from the outside.

Leah smiled, "From my five weeks living here, it is good. It's quiet most of the time, but I like it. No one's insane, as far as I know."

Corey laughed, "There are a few weirdos, like the guy who lives below me and Cat. No one has ever seen him outside of his building. I talked to Julie, the lady who lives next to him, about it. She said that from her apartment, she never hears one sound from him, ever. It kinda scares me, to be honest.

"Anyways, the last dude I will tell you about is the guy who lives to our right. His name's Brendon. He's a cool guy. He plays guitar every now-and-then. No one seems to complain. Occasionally he comes over to just hang out and just jam with me. I think he's in a band. I don't remember."

Interesting. I like a little music in the background. Nonetheless, I like all the neighbors Corey told me about. It just makes the whole place seem more intriguing. Hopefully, I will get to be acquainted with them like Corey is.

Corey patted my head, "Have fun playing with Leah, kid." And then he went back up into our home.

"So I guess this is the beginning of a friendship," Leah stated to me, smiling.

I smiled back, "I hope so."

For the rest of the day, Leah and I hung out at her place, just spilling our interests into one big pool of a conversation. We talked about school, to jobs, to our love life. She was a nice person, as Corey said. Turns out she lives alone, which seems kinda sad to me. She said it gets lonely, but she's going to get a pet soon. She was like a little girl to me. Big ol' green eyes, freckles, short choppy red hair. I just wanted to squish her!

She told me a little about her background. She lived in Chicago with her parents, until they divorced. Her mom moved to England, while her dad moved here. Blah, blah, blah, and now she is attending college. She has twin older brothers who run a clothing line, they help her pay for her rent. I forgot what it's called. She showed me a few shirts and they were pretty chill.

I looked at my Betsey Johnson watch (click here to see what the watch looks like :D), "Oh, it's 8:00, I should head back. Sorry for staying so long!"

Leah giggled, "It's all good in the neighborhood. You're fresh meat here anyways, you could use some good company."

We exchanged numbers and said our goodbyes. On the way home, I swear I could hear singing. It was coming from somewhere near my new home. As I quickly jogged up the stairs to see what was going on, it stopped. I was disappointed because that voice was really crisp and golden. I took out my key and unlocked the door.

"I'm home," I called out to no one in general.

Corey peeked out of his room, "Howdy, ho. I have left over mac and cheese on the stove. I figured as your new housemate I should make you feel a little welcomed by giving you my leftovers." He snickered and walked out of his room.

In my opinion, Corey was kind of like a big brother, but I haven't trusted him 100% yet. More like 73%. His piercings and crazy overall appearance seemed like a partyboy thing.