An Apple for Erik

Chapter 1.

Erik was just sixteen when I met him. I still remember that day, how could I forget? The year was 1882 and it was the day of my birth. September the twenty first, if you must know. I had just turned sixteen myself but my family was to poor to afford a good present for me. So instead they gave me two Francs and let me go to the city myself and pick a present out for me. This was an extreme deal to me, first because they let me have two Francs! Our family only had thirty Francs to our name, so to let me have two was extremely charitable of my Mère and Père.

And with two Francs I could buy two Apples! I loved apples, no matter how many times my Mère said they were the Forbidden fruit that through Adam and Eve out of the garden. I bet Adam and Eve never had a French Apple! I'm getting off subject, désolé. After finishing my chores for the day, I went off to the city and since we lived far out in the French country side I would have to walk; I wouldn't be able to get to Paris before nightfall. Which meant I would have to go through the French woods at night; something, which under normal circumstances, I would not do. But I could already taste the apples in my mouth, so off I went.

After two hours of walking I decided to rest on an old tree stump which was near me. I rested for maybe ten minutes before I decided to leave. When I got back on my feet and was ready to walk again, I heard strange noises in some near by bushes. Let me explain something about my self. I had always been a curious child. Even when I was a little toddler my Mère told me that I wouldn't stop looking inside of baskets and that I always had to investigate strange sounds that would come from an old hut my Père built when he was a young boy. Since I was a curious child I had to investigate the noises I heard from the bushes. But as I walked towards the bushes, I heard twigs snap behind me. What I saw next would be one of the most shocking images of my life.

His face was almost corpse like, his skin was an odd yellow and he had no apparent nose. He also had just a few strands of hair on top of his head, and the rest I would much like to explain for it is to disturbing for me to recall. I felt as if the one of the devil's demons had appeared before me! Or perhaps the devil himself. That thought occurred to me every second I spent staring in his face. His body was so skinny that he looked as if he was a walking skeleton. The only sign that he was human was his eyes, in his eyes I could almost sense that he was troubled individual. One who had never felt love or compassion. And even through my disgust of his physical presence I felt sorry for him.

We stared at each other for almost ten minutes. He knew why I was staring at him, but the reason he stared back at me was a mystery to me. Well, it was a mystery at that time, he later told me why. And I felt sorry for him then to, as I still am. Even if he told me not to, I still am. I wonder where he is now? Never mind, on with my encounter with Erik.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not sure if I should put up the rest, I might if I get positive feedback!