You Love to Hate Me

Arrogant Bastard

So, after getting beaten up at what was supposed to be a fairly average night out, I had to go to hospital. Joy. I always hated hospitals. The sharp smell and the thought of now-dead people that had lain in the very bed I was in always made me shiver.

There wasn’t that much point in going, anyway. They didn’t say too much. Had doctors laughing at my story all night, too. You know, I don’t see the funny side; give it two months or so and I might, but right now, with the bruises still black down the side of my face, I’m in no mood to laugh . It would hurt too much to anyway.

Yet as I lay in bed, I thought. It wasn't all his fault, and he DID stop the concert to check if I was okay. I was just in no fit state to reply.

So, after a long sleep in the morning, I decide I will give that guitarist a chance to apologise. I mean maybe he feels really bad; and he WAS hot, so I wouldn’t mind talking to him again!

I searched Myspace for a while and came across the band profile. I wondered if they really check it.

'Ah well, no harm in trying,' I thought.

Deciding I would just address my comment to Frank, the man who'd kicked me (as I found out from the profile), I wrote explaining who I was.

I didn’t expect a reply for at least days. I mean, they must get a ton of comments.

I was thirsty so decided to go make myself a coffee. I was surprised to find that by the time I'd come back to the laptop; about 5 minutes later, there was a reply

'I remember you ! Sorry for kicking you but you must admit .. it was freaking hilarious!'[\i]

Hilarious?!?! My face is black and blue. Why did he bother messaging me just to make me feel worse about it and hate him more?

Now I was annoyed. What a dick! He should hope I don’t meet him again soon or his bruises will match mine.

Suddenly he doesn’t seem so hot; just arrogant and selfish. I was so certain I wouldn’t feel anything for him and would avoid him whenever I could.

But of course things, never go as planned. Before long I had my next encounter with Frank Iero.