Everlasting Solice

Forgive Me?- Richard's P.O.V

Oh god. Here we go.
"SHUT UP!" I shouted in my head.
Could she hear me?
I heard Jess' voice from downstairs, asking questions, wondering.
"Is everything okay?" I called down the stairs.
"Everything's fine, Rich." She replied.
My mother continued to shout.
What was she doing?
OH GOD!
"Erm... Richard?" Jess called for me.
I ran down the stairs.
Urgh. She was a mess.
"SHUT UP!" I thought again.
"How about I get you some coffee?" I asked her.
She shouted more.
Something about not running, not going there. What was it this time?
Probably the cat or something. I couldn't keep having her going mental like this.
Now she got up and walked into the living room. She lay in the middle of the room.
Jess looked really worried.
"SHUT UP! NOW! NO ONE CAN KNOW!" I shouted in my mind.
She calmed down and sat up, mumbling to herself about him wanting to do it. Like a phone conversation, I could only hear her side.
Okay. So sometimes my mum had weird visions of the future. Sometimes they came true, and sometimes they didn't.
My grandmother sometimes got them too. She'd told my mum some things about it.
Like how no matter how awful the things were that you saw, you could never do anything to alter them.
By the time you saw them they were already set to happen.
She also can't tell anyone what happens because it can rip the people involved to pieces.
I can imagine that being pretty awful, seeing all these tragic things happening but not being able to do anything about it yourself, or even tell someone so they can do something about it for you.
I don't really see the point if I'm honest.
It's not a gift. More like a burden.
Nothing normally affects her this badly though. It must be pretty awful, what she's seen.
On occasions my mum can also read peoples minds. Not very clearly though, they need to be thinking it really strongly. Really believe in every word they are thinking.
She also needs to be concentrating really hard on the particular person.
When she got particularly bad visions she tuned in on my mind a lot.
If I'm there I comfort her in my mind, but if I'm not she says she just finds my thoughts comforting.

"What was that all about?" Jess asked me later when we were upstairs.
"I really don't know Jess." I said. I hated having to lie to her, but she'd be so freaked out if I told. She might never talk to me again.
I couldn't stand the thought of losing her.
"Mmm." She mumbled.

I had a terrible nightmare.
I dreamt I kept asking my mother what she had been shouting about, what was so awful.
She told me.
She'd said she couldn't bare hiding it from me and longer.
Jess was killed. She was torn apart by the awful powers which my mother posessed.

When I woke I was sweating.
Even though I could hear Jess breathing next to me I had to turn over to check she was okay.
I turned back over and closed my eyes, picturing Jess as I'd just seen her, perfect, amazing, oblivious. But in the picture in my mind there was something not quite right.
Something that wasn't normally there.
Then I realised from the corner of Jess' closed eye to the corner of her lips in a diagonal line was a scar. A deep scar. It was slightly pink. I found it hard to breathe as I noticed more scars appearing on her beautiful face. The more scars that appeard the less obvious her features became. She was disappearing.
I walked over to touch her face and felt her warm cheek underneath my shaking fingers.
When I lifted my hand from her face the ends of my fingers were covered in blood.
I shook my head, but this time I couldn't wake myself up.
I closed my eyes hard. Still nothing. What was happening to me?!
When I opened my eyes again I was in a bright hite room.
The light was blinding.
In front of me was a puddle of blood on the floor.
"JESSICA!" I screamed.
"NO NO NO!" I said dipping my finger in the the pool!

"Richard? Baby, are you alright?" Jess was leaning over me.
"Jess." I grabbed her. "Never leave me! Please never leave me." I whispered into her ear.