The Title is Absent

Cows

I woke up to the glistening stars, their twinkle shining down at the fields of untamed grass, the wind whispering my name as they tickled me. A small smile started to cross my face, but I drew it back as a stinging pain slapped my lower lip. It hit hard. Almost as if a trigger had been pulled, I could feel an almost hypnotizing sore dwelling in my mind; it was only a matter of seconds when I felt the throbbing feeling pick at my forehead. The cool wind trailed down to my legs, drying the blood that slipped out from my knees and trickled sneakily down my calves, drifting to my ankles. I lifted my head with as much strength as I could withdraw, only to find a body that did not belong to me. It couldn't have. Every spot my eyes witnessed contained a mesh of yellow and purple, like a rotten rainbow; the holes in my clothing exposed such. I could have sworn I was in hell by now.

"Ugh..." I croaked. Hell, even my throat was scratched up, the raspy tone in my voice was nearly unrecognizable. I rubbed at my cheek as I mustered myself up, keeping one eye shut as flesh dripped from my eyebrow. The stars weren't as grand anymore, and the wind was now a dreadful torture. Then a sound echoed from what seemed a rather short distance.

"Moo!" It repeated, almost as if it were trying to assist me somewhere. But where?

I couldn't think straight, no matter how hard I tried. Words dwelled in the back of my conscience, traveling around the world of the unknown. Then, I heard a chorus of the same sound I had heard before. It sung to me, it cried out to me, it--

"Moooooo..." "Moo!" "Moo..." "MOO!!!"

I gulped down the saliva to cool my throat and made a decision, finally. The wincing was uncontrollable, but my tolerance was high. I had no choice but to take it; this was a matter of life or death, as I had decided. I flipped over onto all fours and began to maneuver myself across the dirt. This could have been fine, but twigs were stabbing the wounds covering me and brought me to my other instinctive option. A loud grunt escaped as I shifted myself up and onto my feet. There was nothing more I could do aside this, unless God magically appeared and escorted me down to the noise. But of course, causes have an effect. My quick reactions came into place, and I felt my legs begin to shake. As I was about to fall, my hand reached out and slapped a thin stick of wood. With this source, my other hand joined in and I knelt against what appeared to be a tree trunk.

The wind slowed, and my eyes closed. I felt a great heap of exhaustion overwhelm my senses, and I just wanted to sleep, but, something was holding me back. Something told me that I had to find the noise. So, to my dismay, I stumbled on all fours and forced myself into a crawl. After all, this was a matter of life or death.

Ten minutes had passed, and I could already feel the numbing tension seeping through out my legs, and I feared it would get to the bone that kept me going. Sweat was beating down what was left for me to consider as pain-free, and my eyes kept going on intervals of flickering. This was an ongoing battle; a war against nature and its cruel ways. What was this? Revenge?