Real or Fake

Chapter 33

Fast Forward to the Trial

The time is here for the trial and I'm scared, but confident. I don't want to see his face; if it was terrifying in the dark, it'll be even worse in the daylight. Everyone is here to support me, while my husband is here to do that and hold my hand when I desperately need it. I stepped in to see over a hundred people and never once, did I look down as I headed to my side of the courtroom. Every person was looking at me, not in a shameful way, but in an empathic way. It was good to know that everyone was on side, except the defense, obviously. Once I took my seat, I looked at him with such anger and sadness, but you could tell I was confident that he was going to prison. Frankie was there beside me, stroking my hand, with the result of me being more relaxed about the entire situation that was about to take place.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yeah, definitely."

"Awesome."

I kissed him on the lips right when the judge walked into the room.

"The honorable Judge Maxwell Miller has arrived, please rise." the bailiff said.

After we stood and sat back down, the trial began. He looked at the papers to see what the trial was about.

"The case of Iero vs. Richter will now take place." he said.

I took a breath, as he continued, when I took my place on the stand.

"Now, Mrs. Iero, what exactly took place on the night that you were raped."

"I came from a concert and I was taking a shortcut to get back to the tourbus, when I was pulled dramatically and had duct tape placed on my mouth. After that, I was pulled into an alley, where I screamed, causing me to be slashed on the stomach and face....''

I cried so much by then, I almost couldn't finish.

"Anyway, I was beaten and had my pants and underwear pulled down, then he proceeded to rape me."

My make-up was running, I knew that for sure.

"Thank you, Mrs. Iero, you can sit down now."

"You're welcome."

I sat down beside Frankie as he handed me a tissue. I glanced at him and I saw and felt the venom in his ugly brown eyes. I wouldn't let him get to me.

"Mr. Richter, will you please approach the stand?"

He merely smirked. I looked at my friends and they felt the vibe from him, and I heard positive things from their lips. Soon, he began to speak.

"Now, what happened the night, you allegedly raped the plaintiff."

I couldn't wait to hear what words would come out of his dirty mouth.

"Well, as she said I grabbed her and taped her mouth, but I
did not rape her, she was willing."

Everyone in that room did not believe a word that he said, and therefore, were giving him the evil eye. Over the following two hours, I heard testimony from Frankie and looked at the evidence. The worst of it were the pics that they had to take of my body; horrific.

Two Days Later

We were back in court after the grand jury had made their decision. I walked with the highest confidence that I've had in my life with the greatest husband a woman could ask for. I gave the rapist a 'f you!' look.

"Finally, the last day. I want to go back to what my life was before this, so badly." I said.

"Me either. You know, I miss Sebastien right now."

"Me too. We'll be out of here quickly."

I nodded. The court was back in session.

"After a long discussion, we've come back with a decision."
a member of the jury said.

I tightly crasped Frankie's hand.

"In the case of Iero vs. Richter, we find the defendent guilty on one count of rape and one count of abuse."

Everyone cheered, but him of course.

"He is sentenced to at least 25 years in prison with the option of parole." the judge said.

A great ending to a horrible time in my life.