Silence Is a Scary Sound

Sing Song Voice

2 Days Later:

"You need to talk to Emma." Dougie said half way through our at lunch at his favorite Greek Restaurant.
"I'm not gonna talk to her till she apologizes to me." I replied stubbornly.
"If you wait for her to apologize it's never gonna happen. Harry told me that she's as close to apologizing as you are."
"Well then I guess...um..."
"You guys need to make up. You're just making it weird for everyone else."
"Well, sorry! But It's not somethi-" I got cut off my Dougie's phone ringing.
"Sorry. Do you mind if I take it?" Dougie said looking sorry for what he had said.
"Go ahead." I said angrily.
"Hey Sex-kitty...Oh, what's wrong Mel?...Mel. You said you would stop. You need to stop doing this to yourself......It's alright Mel. Please don't cry. Just because your mum's a bitch doesn't mean you should let it affect you. You have me and the guys and Bea. And me and the guys are gonna come and visit you soon. I promise...We can't wait to see you too. Our plane gets in around 4 on Saturday...Bye Mel...Anytime Sex-kitty. Bye." He ended and hung-up.
"Who's 'Sex-kitty?'" I said meanly.
"She's just a friend of mine, Melody. She's going through a bit of trouble with her health."
"And you're leaving on Saturday! And when were you planning on telling me this?!"
"I was just waiting for the right time." He mumbled.
"Well, when we that going to be? Right before you left!?"
"No. I was going to tell you tomorrow..."
"Oh, okay. Tomorrow that's just great Dougie. I'm not hungry anymore. I'm going home. Call me when you decide you want to let me know what you're doing with some other girl." I retorted meanly.
I had pushed away from the table and was up and out of the restaurant before he could do as much as open his mouth.

2 Hours Later:

"Hey Emma?" I said knocking on the guest bedroom door of Gi and Tom's house.
"Come in!" Her sing song voice replied.
I slowly pushed open the door to revile Emma sitting cross-legged on her bed typing away on her MacBook Air.
"Oh, hey Dougie. What's up?" She smiled looking up from the screen.
"Will you talk to Celine." I sighed sitting on the edge of the bed.
Her face fell instantly into a stony expression. "I really don't want to."
"Em, please. Celine's not talking to me anymore." I mumbled softly looking down at the sheets and rubbing one between my thumb a forefinger.
"Aw, Dougie. I didn't know that. What happened." Emma sighed and hugged.
"We were at lunch and I got a phone call from a friend of mine, a girl, and she heard me say 'See you on Saturday' to her and she flipped out. All about how why didn't I tell her and why I called her 'Sex-kitty.'" I sighed flopping back on the bed.
"Wait a minute, you called her Sexy-kitty! Dougie what the hell!?"
"We've been friends forever and she's 14. God. I would never think of Melody that way. I really, really, really, really, really, really, really like Celine. I wouldn't do that to her. And as for not telling her that I was leaving on Saturday, I was afraid of the reaction I just got. God, I should have told her earlier."
"Well, did you tell her all that you just told me?"
"No."
"Well there's your problem." Emma said in a matter-of-fact voice.
"I know, I know." I said getting up. "I'm gonna go to your house and try and talk to her. But please Em, talk to her? It sucks you two not talking. I feel like our little family is broken."
"Don't worry Doug, our little family will be just fine." Emma smiled and kissed me on the forehead. "Now, go and talk to Celine. Call me later and I'll talk to her I guess..."
"REALLY!? Yes! Awesome! Yeah, I'll call you later."
"Bye Dougie!"
"Bye Em!"

1 Hour Later at Harry’s House:

"So..." I smiled at Harry.
“So what?" He said puzzled.
"You really like Emma don't you."
"Obviously, Gi."
"Harry, I'm serious! I've seen the way that you look at her!" I smiled and nudged his shoulder.
"Okay, I really do like her, alot." Harry smiled.
"I'm so happy!" I smiled.
"I just don't want to leave now. I asked her to come but she can't because of work. She just signed a contract with Maroon 5." Harry said taking a sip of his beer.
"Well, it's not like we'll be gone long. Only a week and a half."
"But-" Harry started to say.
"Yeah, yeah, I know a week and a half is along time to be away from someone you care about. I deal with it with Tom when I can't come along on tour." I said just as Emma came bouncing into the room.
"Hey Gi, hey babe." She smiled and kissed Harry on the cheek.
"Hey Em." Harry smiled.
"Guess what." Emma said sitting on the counter.
"What?" I asked getting her out a beer and throwing it to her.
"Thanks Gi." She said and took a sip. "Dougie and Celine had a fight."
"They did? Ah, shit. What about?" Harry asked.
"Supposedly, from what Dougie told me, he didn't tell Celine about you guys going to New York and she heard him say that you're leaving on Saturday and she flipped. She heard him call the girl 'Sex-kitty' and she yelled at him and left." She sighed and took another swig of beer.
"She didn't think that Dougie would cheat on her would she?" Harry asked.
"I don't think so, maybe. But she had a really bad relationship that ended about 5 months ago. The guy cheated on her and loads of other shit. It was just really bad." Emma sighed and shook her head.
"Well Dougie would never date Melody. She's 14! He used to babysit her! And she has a boyfriend." I said.
"Melody, is that Sex-kitty girl?" Emma asked.
"Yeah." Harry said looking into his empty beer bottle.
"Wait, is she Melody Carson?" Emma said looking shocked.
"Yeah, how did you know that?" Harry said sounding startled.
"Oh, I just remember seeing pictures of her and Dougie somewhere. Maybe in a magazine." Emma mumbled. "I don't know. Listen, thanks for the beer, but I gotta go and call Celine. I promised Dougie I would. Maybe I can talk some sense into her."
"Okay, see you later." Harry said and kissed her.
"I think I'm leaving too. I have some stuff to do at home." I said and hugged Harry.
"See you ladies later." Harry yelled as Emma and I left and crossed the street.

20 Minutes Later:

"Hello?" Celine said on the other end.
"Hi Celine. It's Emma."
"Oh, hi."
"Listen can we talk?"
"I don't know..."
"Please Cee?"
"Fine. Make it quick."
♠ ♠ ♠
They're talking again! Are you happy now? :]
Peace&Love
E.