Silence Is a Scary Sound

Media ***

“I officially hate teenaged fan girls!” Emma yells as she comes through the front door later that night and slams it really hard.
“What are you talking about?” Harry asks turning to look at her from where he sat on the couch.
“I had the worst day ever.” She says loudly, kicking her shoes off and dropping her purse on the floor.
“What happened?” I ask and Harry gets up off of the couch and walks over to her.
“UGH! I don’t even know how to talk about it calmly.” Emma sighs and leans into Harry’s hug. “Okay, I was at Gregg’s with Scouting For Girls for a little dinner after our meeting and they were getting all these people coming over to them asking them all these questions and stuff. I was getting some dirty looks for having dinner with them, but I’m used to that by now so it didn’t bother me that much. Anyway, right when we were leaving, you’ll never believe who walks in Gregg’s followed by their bodyguard!”
“Who?” Tom asks.
“THE FUCKING JONAS BROTHERS!!!!!!” Emma screams.
“Oh my god!” Gi says, her mouth hanging open.
“Wait, I don’t get it…” Dougie says looking confused.
“Yeah, I guess I should explain. Well,” she says and took a deep breath. “They recognized me and know who I am so they started talking to me and oh my god you should have seen the looks I was getting; they were like death glares from all the teenage girls. So they were talking about how they would love to work with me and how if I’m ever in LA I should stop by the record company they belong to and stuff.”
“I still don’t get it.” Dougie says.
“I’m getting there.” She says and Harry puts his arm around her waist. “So like I said we were just standing there talking to them and then their bodyguard came up and said that they should order and leave because they have some interview to do tonight. We were all saying goodbye and one of them, I think it was Joe, gave me their phone number, then they walked up to the counter and I left. But some of the girls that were inside followed me outside and the one said, ‘What gives you the right to talk to them? Why the bloody hell were you talking to them!? You’re just a skanky bitch! You already have Harry Judd, are you just trying to widen your collection? I can’t believe you!’ And then another one said, ‘Yeah, you shouldn’t talk to them. They’re so much more talented then you are. You’ll just make them suck. I’m surprised you haven’t made McFly suck yet! And everyone knows that you’re only with Harry Judd because you want people to know who you are. You’re a whore and a media whore.’ I think I just stood there with my mouth open for a good minute. Then I said, ‘Excuse me? I don’t think you have the right to talk to me like that.’ Then the first girl said, ‘We do have the right and we want you to get the fuck out of England before you fuck everything up!’ And that’s when I walked away from them. And, me being the oh-so lucky person that I am, the paparazzi that followed the Jonas Brothers there caught it all on video tape.” Emma finishes and sighs.
“Oh. My. God.” Tom says in a quiet voice.
We’re all staring at her with our mouths hanging open. How could anyone say that to her? That’s so mean! I would never say anything to anyone like that!
“Are you okay?” Harry asks and Emma sighs again.
“I will be, but I think I’m just going to go up to my room though.” She says and we all nod.
“Do you want me to come with you?” Harry asked looking at her with worry in his eyes.
“Yeah,” she said and her voice cracked and I could see tears brimming in her eyes.
“Come on,” he said softly and picked her gently and carried her upstairs.
We watch them until they disappear around the corner and we hear her door close softly. Gi and I make eye contact and we both shake our heads.
“How could something say something that cruel to another person?” Gi asks.
“I know!” I say, hitting my fist on the counter.
“I can’t believe someone could actually say that to someone.” Tom says shaking his head.
“I’m going to go up to her.” I say and run up the stairs towards Emma’s room.
Softly, I knock on her door and I hear a soft “Come in.” and I open the door. Looking around the door I see Emma curled up on her bed with her head on Harry’s chest and he’s gently stroking her hair.
“Hey, Em,” I smile and walk over to her.
“Hi.” She says and she tries to smile.
“How are you feeling?”
“As good as I can feel I guess…”
“Don’t listen to what people say, Em.” Harry says kissing her on the top of the head. “I love you and everyone else here loves you.”
“I love you too.” She says and snuggles into him some more.
“Do you want anything?” I ask sitting next to her on the bed.
“Maybe some tea.”
“Of course.” I smile and squeeze her hand.
“Thanks.”
As I leave the room I hear Harry talking softly to her. He’s such a good guy and I’m so happy he’s with her. I’m glad to know that even if I’m not around he’ll be here for her.
“How is she?” Tom asks as I come back into the living room.
“She’s okay, I’m gonna get her some tea.” I sigh and Dougie kisses me on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was a little short! But the next one will be longer if tons of people comment! (That means you Nikki!!!!)
SO COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!
Peace&Love
E.