Drag Queen Superstar!

Ask Me Out And I’ll Save Your Life... I Promise

*Gerard’s POV*

“Bye.” Frank said as we walked in front of his house.
“Bye.” I said flatly.
“You are OK aren’t you?” Frank asked me concernedly. “You’re not going to do anything stupid?”
“Stupid?” I frowned. “Like what?”
“I don’t know.” Frank shrugged. “But I’m just saying leave Hayley by herself for a bit... and don’t kill yourself.” He smiled at me at the last bit.
“I’ll try not to.” I smiled for what seemed like the first time since forever.
Frank gave me a hug then went up his driveway and to his front door so I began to walk away.
“Oh and Gerard,” Frank called as I walked down the street. “Everything will turn out fine. I know it will.”
I grinned at him and walked away, wishing and wishing that Frankie was right.

*Three Hours Later*

I found myself in the usual place when things turn out wrong- in the comic book store.
I walked in and Dan said hi to me and everything, nothing was out of the ordinary. Nothing to make me suspect what was about to happen next.
I walked in between the aisles checking out the books when I felt a little pat on my shoulder. I turned around to see Hayley standing behind me; her eyes were red as if she had been crying.
“Hey.”
“Hey.”
I put back the book I had been looking at and looked at her.
“You’re coming back to school tomorrow aren’t you?” Hayley asked me.
“Yep. Is Roxy leaving?” I said just to see what her reaction to Roxy’s name would be.
“Don’t mention that lying, cheating bitch to me.” Hayley sighed sadly then her eyes filled with tears as if she was going to cry.
“Oh... has something happened between you two?” I asked.
Roxy nodded and said, “You know how I told you I thought that Pete liked Roxy? Well I was right. I caught them making out this afternoon... I felt so stupid just standing there watching my so called best friend sucking the face off my boyfriend! I’m over with the both of them... anyway Roxy’s leaving tonight so I don’t need to see her again thankfully...”
She babbled all this in practically one breath by the way.
“Poor you,” I said sympathetically. “You’re better off without the both of them.” I smiled at her to hide the guilt I was feeling.
“God, you are so nice!” Hayley said giving me a hug.
I blushed.
Then she asked me,
“I was wondering that you might want to-“
But she was interrupted.
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! I was pretty sure she was going to ask me out but she stopped because she shot her head around to the door of the comic store.
Then it all started.
“Put your hands above your heads!”
The store had been raided by two armed gunmen each wearing balaclavas.
Oh my God...
My heart thudded with fear and Hayley whimpered.
“Open the till! Now!” One of the men yelled at Dan.
Petrified, Dan clumsily opened the till.
The other man pushed Dan out the way to look at the contents of the till.
“There’s hardly anything in here, he must have a safe or something!” The man yelled to the other man.
“Where’s your safe!” The man yelled at Dan.
“I haven’t got one...” Dan whimpered.
My heart thudded faster and faster. Luckily the men weren’t paying that much attention to me and Hayley.
“You’re lying.” One of the men snarled.
“I’m not!” Dan wailed.
“Fine if you’re not going to get the safe I’ll kill her.” The man said simply and swung the gun in the direction of Hayley’s head.
“Oh my God...” I heard Hayley whisper under her breath.
“I haven’t got a safe, I swear! Please don’t hurt her!” Dan begged.
“I don’t believe you.” The man said and pulled his finger back on the trigger.
“You’ve got three seconds or the girl is dead. One...”
“I haven’t got a safe!”
“Two...”
“Take what you want from the till but I haven’t got a safe.”
“Three.”
BANG!
The gunshot fired.
Silence.
A puddle of blood began to spread rapidly across the floor.
“Oh my God...” Hayley gasped.
She was fine, she hadn’t been shot all.
I had.
“Why did you shoot the guy for?” One man asked the other.
“I didn’t mean to! I went to shoot the girl but he leapt on her so she wouldn’t get hit!” The other man said.
Police cars sirens were going off in the distance.
“I can’t believe it... you saved my life...” Hayley whispered.
The bullet wound in my side was getting more and more painful. I winced in pain.
“You’re going to be OK... I promise.” Hayley whispered holding me in her arms whilst I could hear an ambulance siren in the distance.
Then Hayley kissed me.
But the pain was so bad...
And I passed straight out.