Drag Queen Superstar!

View From The Hospital Bed

*Gerard’s POV*

I wasn’t quite sure if I was dead. Everything seemed blurry and I couldn’t feel anything, I just felt numb.
“Is he coming round?”
“His eyes are opening...”
Then I realised I wasn’t dead as I slowly opened my eyes to find Mikey, Frank, Ray, Bob, Alicia and Hayley standing over my bed, grinning at me.
“The hero’s alive!” Frank grinned nudging Mikey who he was standing next to.
“Thank God.” Mikey smiled. “How you feeling?” He asked me.
How was I feeling?
Seriously weird.
All I could remember was the sound of the gunshot, nothing about being a hero.
“What exactly happened?” I croaked weakly.
“You saved Hayley’s life!” Bob said then Hayley smiled at me shyly.
Then I remembered.
I had jumped on Hayley so that she wouldn’t have been shot and...
We had kissed.
I blushed all of a sudden and smiled back at her.
“Er... do you think we could have a minute by ourselves?” Hayley asked the others.
They all mumbled and Ray ruffled my hair then they made their way out of the hospital room.
Hayley stood at the bottom of my bed and stared at the floor, her hair covering her face.
“Erm...” I said, the silence freaking me out.
Neither of us spoke for a few minutes. My mind seemed to have gone blank and I couldn’t think of a single thing to say to her.
Then Hayley broke the silence finally.
“I know.”
Two words. That’s all it took to send a shiver of fear down my spine.
“What? What do you know?” I stammered.
Oh God, oh God, oh God...
I looked at Hayley to see her raise her eyes at me as if I was retarded.
“You know what I mean... Roxy Star.”
I gasped.
How did she now?
She was going to be so mad at me! She would now that all this while I’ve been lying to her and telling her that I’m somebody I’m not. Plus I split her and Pete up...
It was such a mess!
“Hayley, I am so sorry... About everything, especially the whole Pete thing earlier on. I never meant to hurt you I just liked you so much...”
“Gerard, shut up.” Hayley said calmly.
Much calmer to how hysterical I was sounding.
“But...” I said indignantly. I needed to know how she knew.
“You want to know how I found out?” Hayley asked.
I nodded.
“I had my suspicions when you went on a date with my brother. It isn’t rocket science to know that he is gay even of he hasn’t come out yet. I knew that there must be something wrong if he went out with you, no offence by the way.” Hayley explained.
“None taken carry on.” I said.
“Then when I met you in the comic book store I got even more suspicious.
You wanted the X-men book too and I knew that Roxy liked it too. Then when you said about not judging people until you get to know them, I realised that Roxy said that too. Plus you said that you were coming back to school and Roxy might be leaving and I wondered how you knew that. Everything seemed to fit together.”
I blushed with embarrassment. I hadn’t realised I had been so transparent.
“And then Frank explained everything...”
WHAT?
“Er, what do you mean Frank explained everything?” I spluttered.
I thought I could trust Frank of all people and there he had gone and blabbed my secret!
“When we were waiting for you to wake up earlier Frank and I were in the waiting room together. I was crying because of everything that had happened like finding you and Pete together and then nearly getting shot... It was a bit too much to take. Then Frank explained everything to me...” Hayley explained.
“He said that you were sick of everyone ignoring you and you only meant to be Roxy for a few days. But then you made friends with me...”
Unable to finish the sentence she just stared at me.
“Look, this is really awkward. I think I’m just going to leave...” Hayley muttered and turned to leave.
She wasn’t going to leave; I wasn’t going to let her go with telling her how I felt.
I grabbed her wrist and she flung her head around to stare at me.
We were both staring at each other, my heart beating so fast I thought it might burst out of chest.
“Hayley, I lo-“
But I was interrupted.
This time it wasn’t by being shot (thank God) I was interrupted by the fact that Hayley leant over the hospital bed and kissed my straight on the lips.
Finally zapping out of my state of shock I kissed her back, explosions of happiness in my stomach.
Hayley pulled away and smiled at me.
“I knew what you were going to say. I love you too.”