Drag Queen Superstar!

Gerard The Superhero (Last Chapter!)

*Gerard’s POV*

The car pulled up in front of the cinema with a halt.
I stared out of the window but could see no sign of Hayley, despite being ten minutes late myself.
Nerves descended over me and I felt sick. So much for me standing her up, it was looking as if she was going to stand me up.
Bob looked at me through the rear view mirror, a concerned expression on his face.
“You alright? You’ve gone really pale.” Bob asked.
“I’m fine,” I lied. “I better be going.”
“Have a great time,” Bob said.
I smiled weakly at him, the sickness feeling getting worse.
I got out of the car and was about to close the door but Frank stuck his head out.
“Have an awesome time, you deserve it.” Frank smiled.
I smiled back at him, properly this time.
“Thank you. For everything I mean.” I said.
“No probs.” Frank replied.
“Bye.” I said.
Frank said bye back and shut the door, then the car sped off.
I turned around and stood in front the cinema, my heart racing. I checked my watch to see that it was fifteen minutes past the time that Hayley and I were supposed to meet.
I sighed and waited nervously.
And waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Forty five minutes had now passed and she still hadn’t arrived.
Where the hell was she?
She wasn’t going to turn up. I knew it.
I got a lump in my throat as I tried to hold back the tears from streaming down my face.
She told me that she loved me, she kissed me...
Obviously I meant nothing to her; obviously it was all a lie.
I needed to get away from here or else I was going to break down in tears which would be pretty embarrassing seeing as there was quite a few people around.
Only none of them were Hayley...
I began to walk off sadly, my head down staring at the ground. My eyes were stinging from trying to hold back my tears.
It was probably psychological but I had this strange pain in my chest too which was probably my heart breaking.
Possibly.
Or it might just be the fact that I was recently shot and everything. God, my life was a total mess. All I wanted to do was go home, go to bed and pull the duvet straight over my head and cry. I didn’t want to talk to anybody. I just wanted to ignore this horrible world that lets me get kissed by boys I don’t like, lets me get shot, lets me think that somebody loves me only to realise that they don’t...
“Gerard!”
The mention of my name interrupted my rant at the world and I span my round which made the wind whip my hair straight into my eyes.
I couldn’t see who had said my name because my hair was in my eyes so I flicked it out of the way and saw...
“Hayley,”
Suddenly all of the anger and sadness that I had felt a few seconds ago disappeared and was replaced by a sudden surge of happiness.
Hayley was here, she had come.
Maybe she really did love me.
“Why was you walking off?” Hayley asked walking up to me.
I blushed so hard that I thought my face was on fire.
“Erm, I didn’t think you were coming...” I mumbled.
Hayley laughed softly and punched me lightly on the arm in a friendly way.
“What are you like? Of course I was coming! I know I’m a bit late but I have a good reason, honest.” Hayley grinned.
I smiled as she felt around in her bag, obviously looking for something.
“What you looking for?” I asked intrigued.
Was it something for me? I wondered.
“Here.” Hayley said grinning madly.
She handed me what looked like a book.
I turned it over and looked it properly.
“Hayley...”
I opened the book and looked at each page, getting happier and happier as I flicked through each page.
It was a comic but each page was drawn by Hayley.
“Hayley, this is... It’s awesome...” I said looking carefully at each page.
“It’s about us by the way,” Hyaley pointed out.
I had already figured it out, but I smiled and nodded.
The book was about me.
Me being ignored at school, me dressing up as Roxy, me meeting Hayley for the first time, us all going to Pete’s party and when I punched that Josh dude... it was all in here even when I got shot.
“How did you know all of this happened?” I asked, dumbfounded.
“Frank and Mikey filled me in on the bits that I didn’t know and Bob and Ray helped me with some of the drawings.” Hayley shrugged. “Do you like it?” She asked.
Ah well that explained why Frank had been so adamant that I turned up for the date. He knew what she had had made for me.
“I love it... I can’t believe that you’ve done it, it’s just so brilliant.” I smiled.
“But why? Why did you do this all for me?” I asked.
I mean what had I seriously done to deserve it?
Well apart from saving her life and everything, apart from that.
“Well comics usually have superheroes, right?” Hayley asked.
“Yeah...” I said not entirely sure where she was going with this.
“Well as corny as this sounds and believe it me, it is, you are sort of my hero aren’t you? You saved my life and I love you... and... and... see what I meant about sounding corny?” Hayley babbled blushing slightly.
“I’m your hero? You love me?” I asked happily only asking so that I could hear her say it again.
“Of course I do.” Hayley said.
“I love you too.” I grinned and went to kiss her but she interrupted and said, “Have you see what the book is called?”
I glanced at the book and cover and read it.
The book was called ‘Drag Queen Superstar!’
I burst out laughing.
“You can kiss me now.” Hayley smiled.
So I did.
And you want to know something?
For the first time in my life I was happy as me, Gerard Way. I didn’t need to dress up as a girl or be somebody that I’m not.
Hayley loved me for me her erm... superhero.
How awesome is that?
Only of course, Spiderman will never look as hot as I do in a dress...

The End x-x-x