Drag Queen Superstar!

First New Friend Number One

*Gerard’s POV*

I have the best ideas EVER! Seriously.
This whole girl thing was brilliant!
Ok, here’s how my day had been so far:
The bell rang so I made my way to class and sat down where I usually sat because Gerard wasn’t here (that’s what they thought.)
I knew the girl of course as I always sat next to her, it was just she didn’t know me.
“Hi,” She smiled. “I like your tights.”
“Thanks.” I grinned and sat down next to her.
I knew straight way that things were changing. This girl, Hayley Clark was her name, NEVER spoke to me when I was Gerard. But now I was a completely different person, she was being nice to me!
“So, is this your first day then?” She asked.
“Yep,” I said.
Then I got paranoid thinking that she would know straight way that I was a boy so I said, “Like oh my God, I totally love your highlights!”
“Thank you! You’re the first person who has noticed I’ve had my hair done. No one ever notices me around here.” She sighed.
Don’t I know how you feel... I thought to myself.
“Hey, it is OK if I sit here isn’t it? I mean nobody else sits here do they?” I asked, wondering if she would mention me (Gerard.)
“Oh it’s fine. The boy who usually sits there is away I think. His name is Gerard... I think. I don’t really speak to him.” She shrugged.
“Why? Is he horrible or something?” I asked wanting to know what she thought of me.
“No, he’s just a bit quiet and strange... anyway I don’t know your name! What is it?” Hayley asked.
“Roxy. Roxy Star.” I said flicking my hair back.
“What a cool name! Mine is totally boring. It’s Hayley Clark.” She sighed.
Then I noticed she was staring at what was poking out from my bag.
It was one of my X men comics.
Oh my God! I thought.
She’s going to know I’m Gerard because I’m always reading it!

I braced myself for the ‘you’re wearing a dress? You freak!’
But it never came; instead she said something so surprising that I nearly fell off my chair.
“Wolverine is my favourite.”
“You like X Men?” I spluttered.
I had been sitting next to Hayley for the past year and she had never once told me she like X Men! Why hadn’t she said anything when she knew perfectly well that I did as I was always reading them?
“The guy who usually sits next to me reads them too, but I was always a bit freaked out by him, so I didn’t say anything.” Hayley said answering my question.
I freaked her out.
Right.
“Well maybe if you take the time to get to know someone, you may be surprised at what you find out.” I smiled.
Hayley thought for a while then said, “You know Roxy, you’re right.”
I smirked to myself.
“So Roxy Star, how would you feel if I asked if I could be your first best friend at this school?” Hayley grinned.
“I wouldn’t say no.” I laughed.
Then she spent the rest of the lesson telling me how good her hairdresser was where she had the highlights.
And you know what?
I didn’t find it boring, I found it quite interesting.
Mikey was right.
I really was losing the plot.