My Green Day Adventures (True Stories)

Las Vegas Part II

So, I really didn't have a genius plan or anything, I just thought I'd throw in a nifty "suspenseful" cliffhanger in there. My plan was to go up in my room and make a feeble attempt at making me look like a different person. I put my hair up with a bit hanging down to cover my face, wore a bit of make-up, and put on my hippie jeans that had holes, and a black button up shirt and plaid tie, in which I thought was the shit when I was fifteen.

I went back down the elevator to the lobby. Mom still remained there with everyone. I spotted Tee Kay his back was towards where I was, so I decided to skedaddle so I wouldn't get "thrown out".

I walked around the hotel. I spotted Brittany Spears drunk off her ass being carried out to her limo. I thought that was pretty great. I walked into a few stores and browsed once again for a while. Then I decided to walk around outside and get some fresh air, if you could consider it being fresh in Las Vegas. I stared at the huge guitar thing that lights up outside the hotel, until I got distracted from someone that looked like Tre Cool outside the front of the hotel. It was indeed Tre, but he wasn't alone. I spotted him and his girlfriend at the time making out, I chuckled for a minute and then it dawned on me that maybe everyone left and I had wasted my chance to meet Mike Dirnt.

I ran back inside to and found my mom playing the electronic slot machine thing. I went up to her and started questioning everything. She told me that she had tried to call me, because she asked Mike to sign the picture she took of me playing bass with him (which he did), but I had left my phone in my other pants. She showed me the picture which revealed Mike showing me the bass line and next to it saying "Mike Dirnt Bass 101". She told me that Mike had gone through a door across the hall. Just a few seconds after she showed me where Mike had gone Tee Kay came out. I told her what had happened between us, and she told me to just kind of hide around and if he came up to me again she would take care of it.

I hid behind a garbage can that was sort of across from where Mike was. After a few minutes I grew extremely drowsy. It was going on two in the morning I believe. I kept nodding off, until I heard The Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated" blast through the speakers and monitors of the Hard Rock. Not long after I thought Tee Kay had spotted me, but he continued his business. Then I nodded off again.

I looked at the clock and it read almost 3:30 A.M.. Mom was kind of giving me a "should we give up kind of look". I nodded my head. By now I was sick of the aroma of garbage, felt like I hadn't slept in weeks, my body ached from the concert, and I could have gone for a root beer float at that moment.

Mom came over and gave me helping hand to get up and said "sorry kid" when Tee Kay came barging on over. I rolled my eyes and he explained to my mom how he had told me numerous times to stay away. Mom argued and said that the band wasn't even out here so anymore, so he couldn't do anything, and we were going up to our room anyway. After they were done we headed off to the elevator. Mom was rummaging through her purse to find the hotel key to show the elevator guy, because I left it in my other pants along with my phone.

Suddenly I see Mike Dirnt walk out with some guy. I tapped mom in awe. She grabbed my hand and said that she found me and asked if she could take a picture. I felt really awkward. Mike put his hand around my shoulder and posed for the picture, I kind of stood there quietly. I felt like I was going to barf and cry. Mom struggled with the camera all I was able to let out was

"Sorry she doesn't know how to work digital cameras"

Mike laughed and said "Haha don't worry about it."

Mom finally took the picture after what seemed like hours of awkwardness. I managed to say "Thank You". Mike responded with

"Anytime, and thank you too."

Mike had to go. I looked behind us and there was Tee Kay with a disgusted look on his face I gave him a "Haha fuck you" kind of smirk.

Once we got in the elevator I started crying and felt like I was going to puke again. I started shaking and stared pondering on how I couldn't believe that basically in the past week I've met Mike Dirnt twice, met Jason White, sort of met Billie Joe, almost got thrown out of a hotel, saw Tre play tonsil hockey with his girlfriend or whatever, my mom gambled with most of Green Day, and just everything.