My Green Day Adventures (True Stories)

Cleveland, Ohio show

My assumption of not hearing from Michelle was proven wrong when I got home and had an email in my inbox from her. We kept emailing back forth and were hoping to make another date of meeting up at a Green Day show. In the mean time it was time for Mom and I to leave for Cleveland. I was a bit bummed out, because this was going to be the last show for a while, but still remained optimistic once Green Day returned from Europe.

We were going to stay in Cleveland for a few days, because we wanted to check out the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame the day after the Green Day show. We flew in the day before and did everything that you've already read about.

I got to the arena that morning around tenish when I noticed someone from another show, I remembered conversing a few words with in Orlando. She was kind of giving me that "Don't I know you?" kind of look as well. I finally asked her if she was at a show in Florida, which she was. We talked about the show and walked around Cleveland. We got got lost. Luckily they have maps of the city all over.

We found our way back to the arena and waited in line. Although I wasn't that fond of her she was my buddy I guess for this show. She was also fond of Mike so she did well helping me occupy the space by Mike. My Chemical Romance came on and did their thing. During My Chemical Romance though I started to feel sick and got really shaky, and dizzy. As they were setting up for Green Day I passed out from dehydration.

From what I was told Art (Green Day's head security) took me back stage. As I was waking up I saw My Chemical Romance in the distance and could have sworn I saw Mike and Tre go by. They had me sit there for a few minutes and drink a bottle of water. I tried to procrastinate on going back because I knew Green Day was going to come on soon and maybe I could talk to them or something.

Of course this dream was crushed when Tee Kay came and told me I was going to have to go in the back of the floor section, because as soon as I was pulled out people filled up my spot. I got really bummed out, because I knew I probably wouldn't make it up to the front until probably the last few songs.

Apparently my expression caught some security guards attention because he told me to follow him. I did as I was told and he told everyone by my mom and Christina (the girl from the Orlando show ) to move. Of course he got dirty looks from fans. I told him thank you very much and everything.

Not long after I re-occupied my spot did Green Day come on. By this time I had memorized ever firework that goes off, what song was coming after the one that was played, I could do commentary with everything Billie Joe tells the crowd, and I had realized that Jason Freese was not from every city that they play in.

When "Knowledge" came I asked Christine if she wanted to get picked to play bass and she said she did. When it was time to find a bass player I mouthed to Billie to pick her and low in behold he did, but then she told Billie she didn't want to. That kind of pissed me off, but what can you do? At that show I caught a pick from Mike and I think Christina did too. Nothing else really happened at this show except the acknowledgments from Mike and Tre. Now Billie was actually starting to show that he remembered me by giving me the same kind of looks as Tre. After that show I didn't see Christina again.

The next day Mom and I went to the Rock N' Roll hall of fame which wasn't as great as I expected but was still pretty cool.