My Green Day Adventures (True Stories)

Ft. Lauderdale show Part III

Michelle and I stood there awaiting Jimmy Eat World to come on, so then Green Day would come on. Maybe ten minutes before Jimmy Eat World was to come on Neil comes up by the stage and goes

"Hi!"

Michelle and I

"Hello,"

Then he pulls out two of Tre's signed drumsticks that he used at the sound check I'm guessing. Michelle and I did a "Holy crap?" kind of thing and took them thanking Neil. He said it was his present to us since he wouldn't see us at any other shows. He also explained how he told Tre about our whole ordeal on getting here and how we've been out since seven in the wind and rain and he told Neil to give us the drumsticks.

To add on to the excitement that we were already feeling we were extremely hyper. People around us kept saying "I'll give you fifty bucks for those," I asked them if they had the drumsticks and if I asked the same question would they really sell it? Of course they said no, but I told them they throw drumsticks and what not out after the show, and through out the show Mike throws picks out.

Jimmy Eat World came out and quite frankly their drummer scares the shit out me, and Michelle agrees. Seriously he just stared at us the whole time. Nothing that special happened during them.

Then Green Day came out the started off with "American Idiot" Michelle and I were of course going mad along with the rest of the crowd. We weren't really realizing that we kept swaying our drumsticks in the air, and Art (at the time I didn't know his name) kept saying that if we don't stop he'll take them away. We apologized, but kept doing it unknowingly really. Finally he took mine away, and I told him I was sorry and then he took Michelle's and said he would give them too us after the concert. At first we were pissed, but then figured he was doing it to prevent us from poking out a crowd surfers eye or something.

When Billie was giving his spule he usually gives before "Are We the Waiting" Tre looked at us and then slapped his arm indicating heroin. Michelle and I looked at each other and repeated what he did with a look of confusion. He shook his head, pointed, and laughed. We still don't get what he meant, if there was any meaning other then heroin behind it.

Finally the time for "Knowledge" came a very humerus time at this point of the show. Billie was looking for a drummer, and Nick kept yelling to pick him, when Billie just went "Sorry man you already did it. I want to give someone else a shot." If Nick would have kept his mouth shut I'm sure Billie Joe wouldn't of remembered and he could of gotten up there again.

Billie found a drummer at the end of the cat walk, when he did that whole "You swear you can play" jazz. Anyway the drummer climbed on the cat walk to run on stage only to trip and fall. Of course everyone laughed and Billie said "Get up by the drums you dumb ass!" then he started talking to the crowd and found a bass player. Then he turned around again to see the kid holding his leg and Mike yelled "I think he's hurt!"

Billie looked at the kid and he yelled "I think I broke my leg!"

"What do you mean you broke your leg?"

"I think I broke my leg. It hurts!"

"You dumb ass! These people went through a fucking hurricane to come to this show and I'm not going to find another drummer, so shake it off!"

Billie went over and helped the kid up and he played drums. Yet again Michelle didn't get picked for guitar, but we still had two more shows for it to happen.

Both Michelle and I caught picks from Mike and after the show I caught a drumstick and gave it someone around me. Art gave us back our drumsticks and all was well.

For me my next show was the SBC Park show in San Francisco.