My Green Day Adventures (True Stories)

San Francisco/Sacramento show

I'm not really going to elaborate on the San Francisco show except it was one of the Arena shows and I got another drumstick from Tre and I kicked myself in the ass for not going to Rudy's after the show, because I found out from someone at the Fresno show he went there. Oh also I saw the Verizon crew, but didn't want to go up to them, because I wasn't sure if they'd recognize me. Oh and Flogging Molly opening up was a plus as well.

For the Sacramento show Michelle was flying in to go to the Sacramento and Fresno show. She flew into Sacramento the night before where we went to the Hard Rock cafe and just watched movies in the hotel the night before. Oh and stop at a gas station for Gatorade and snakes for the waiting in line process.

The next day we woke up at about seven and got ready to go to the Sacramento show. Mom dropped Michelle and I off. The Arco Arena is a confusing place so we had trouble finding a place to park, although it made mom and I feel a bit dumb, because we saw Nine Inch Nails there a few nights prior.

We finally asked someone to where they directed us where to go. Out of no where these three girls come running up behind us saying they wanted to get the first spot in line, so decided to be slick and roll down the hill to where we were suppose to wait. Of course only to have the sprinklers turn on in the process.

Once we set our stuff down we decided to kind of mingle on over by where Verizon had just parked.

We walked over trying to look like we were just walking around. I'm not exactly sure how to spell her name, but Alisha was one that we met in Ft. Lauderdale. We told her our whole story on how we met and what not and then where we lived. She lived in San Francisco. Anyway we she got out of the bus, which by the way everyone mistaken for Green Day's tour bus, because it has them on it.

She kind of looked over at us and turned around, then turned around again and said to Michelle

"Are you the one from Berkeley?"

Then Michelle told her that was me. She said in a little while after they get everything set up we could come and hang out in the VIP thing and what not.

Then as we were walking back to our stuff we saw Matt. I just said hi to him when he said hi back and kept walking. Then after a few more steps he turned around and went

"Don't I know you two from somewhere?"

"We were at t he Ft. Lauderdale show," Michelle and I both said.

"Oh yeah! After we get things set up you guys could come hang out if you want,"

Of course we accepted and went back to our spot. When we got back the three girls asked if we had an "in" with Green Day's people. We told them our story. It turned out they were only there for Jimmy Eat World, but we still told them we'd try and get them in with us.

After a while we started drawling on one of those rode block signs such as "RIP Stuart the first official victim of Hurricane Katrina" and such. Then we got bored and decided to write every Green Day song known on our empty Gatorade bottle. In the process of this we noticed that different people drove by and pointed and laughed at all of us. We noticed some had Green Day type things on their cars so we knew it wasn't because we were at a Green Day concert.

The other girls asked us if we noticed it too. They decided to go to the box office and ask what was up and if we were in the right spot. As they were gone a security guard said that we weren't allowed to be this close to the arena until 4 P.M. and that we had to wait where the rest of everyone was.

He escorted us there and asked if we were attending some type environment convention (hence Green Day). We explained to him that it was a band and all that jazz. After the twenty minute walk (I kid you not) of where we were suppose to be was already a huge line of people.

After being extremely pissed off we went to the back and waited. Later those girls returned and we let them get in line with us. It was close to when everyone could go up by the steps of the arena when Matt came up and said "What are you guys doing over here?" We told him what happened and he told us to go with him (those girls had left again so we couldn't take them with).

As we were walking I asked Michelle to go over all the Green Day songs to see if we missed any. Matt said that we should give it to Green Day. We thought it was a bit stupid, but then we thought it would be cool to put a message in there and give it to them.

He gave us some paper and we went off and wrote a message asking them to play "Stuart and the Ave" in memory of Stuart the first official victim of Hurricane Katrina. Matt said he'd give it to Chris to give to the band, because he's more friends with them then he is. We put our stuff down at the steps of the arena so we would still have our spot and went over to the VIP thing.

The VIP thing was pretty cool it was a tent outside that had a computer, bean bag chairs, play station, x-box, and food.

There was this girl eating all the popcorn. We got talking with her and she asked if she could give us fake mustaches, because she had an obsession with mustaches. We allowed her too to where we named ourselves Paco and Juan.

After that we saw those Jimmy Eat World girls when we asked Matt if they could hang too, and he said it was okay. We ran over to them and invited them over, when they said they were didn't want too. We were kind of confused, but went back to talking to Holli (the girl that gave us the fake mustaches), Matt, Alisha, Chris B, and Rebeka.

We all just hung out while now radio stations and such were coming as the time for the doors to open approached. They asked us to help them get all the VIP winners in order and give them all the free stuff they got, which we gladly did.

As they went off to bring them all to the sound check they asked us to monitor the tent. Matt tried to get us into the sound check, but he couldn't find David (the head guy with the Verizon Green Day tour thing).

While they were gone mom came with pizza for us. As we ate it was suddenly see Jason White and Tre (with his Snoo mask on) riding around on tricycles. We ran over (It was right across from the VIP tent so we figured it would be okay) and watched them when this guy named Chris Dugan comes over and starts talking to us and complimented us on out mustaches, which were falling off.. Now at this time we didn't realize Chris Dugan was Z from the Network. Also, we met his friend Lloyd who declared September 30th as "Appreciate Lloyd day".

After that mom came over and asked where all of our stuff was. We told her where it was, because we couldn't leave the tent. Mom called my phone and said she was waiting the back of the line, because those Jimmy Eat World girls decided to throw our stuff in the back of the line, since it wasn't fair what we were doing apparently.

Michelle and I started freaking out when Matt came back and we told him what happened. He said he'd go find David and see if we could get in early with the rest of the VIP people.

In the end David came through for us. He couldn't get my mom one, but he said he would get her one tomorrow. So we kind of ditched my mom to get in early, but she understood.

We got into the arena and took our spots in front. After much pushing mom managed to make it in front with us.

We sat around and awaited Green Day to take the stage.