My Green Day Adventures (True Stories)

Bakersfield, California show

So after I got out of school the day before the show mom and I drove down to Bakersfield show. I was once again still excited. I was ever more excited to the fact of seeing them in San Francisco in a few days, and then Las Vegas after that.

That morning I once again woke up late. I knew I could get up in front, but there was still that paranoid thought floating in the back of my mind.

We did our usual schedule Mom made me eat Breakfast and then she dropped me off in front of the arena while she went out did whatever.

I wore once again my Green Day shirt from Gilman. I had it set in the back of my head that if I went to the exact same spot and wore the same shirt every show eventually Mike and everyone else would eventually notice me, which did in fact happen midway through tour.

I didn't really talk to anyone this time. I just wrote in my notebook and listened to music, and attempted patience.

Mom came about an hour before the show started. We did the typical get the wristband and ticket scan. I run to Mike's side of the stage, and mom cames trailing behind a few minutes later. I sit through New Found Glory, watch rodies and everyone put the Green Day stage together, the drunk pink bunny comes out, then I get that same feeling when I see them coming up the stairs on the side of the stage.

They played the usual set list (refer to last chapter if you need to know). I got denied again playing "Knowledge". This time though I decided to volenteer for bass as well as guitar. I'd picked up a bit of bass from my friend, and was alright at it. From the last show I watched the guy play, and figured I could do it, it didn't look too difficult.

There was a mosh pit going on not to far behind me so figured I'd slip back and join for a bit during "She". Well, I was having fun you know smashing into people until "Boom!" someone smashes into me and then someone else punches me in the fact and half of my tooth comes out is desinigrating in my mouth and the bitter taste of blood is filling my mouth. The guy apoligized a million time, and of course I didn't take any offense. It's a mosh pit what do you expect? Sad part is it wasn't until a few months ago from now I finally got the tooth fixed.

After "She" I decided to go back up with mom. I have a really weak stomach when it comes to taste in the mouth so I was trying my hardest not to barf all over, and then the throbbing pain of my jaw was killing me. I still managed to sing all the songs though, because I rememeber thinking "Crap I don't want them to think I'm a 'new' fan." Which, yeah I know is ridiculous, but eh when I was fifteen that was a huge thing for me, now I can careless, but whetever.

In "King For a Day" I caught two of Mike's picks. That definetly took my mind off of my tooth.

After the show Mom bought me some Tylenol PM. When we got to the hotel I rinsed my mouth out and took two Tyenol PM and fell right asleep.

The next chapter and on is really when all the great Green Day experiences come. As for the San Francisco show, lets just say probably anyone that plays drums, bass, or guitar that digs Green Day wishes they would have been in my shoes.