Bad girlfriend

Just a little short of rejection

Six-Year old Brian Haner, the little rocker to his father, walked through the park after asking his mother if he could go play, being granted of permission of course. He saw a girl spraying another girl with a water gun. He thought he would go and join in the fun.

"Can I play with you?" He asked while smiling. It always worked with his mom. Of course a little boy learns how to get his way when he's spoiled.

"No. My daddy tolds me boys have cooties." Alex the girl replied. By that time she had stopped spraying the opposite girl, who had run away crying.

"Well," the little boy paused "daddy's are boys too!" he exclaimed like he had just discovered electricity.

"Yeah but he's my daddy." she responded quickly, like she was queen of the playground.

"I don't have cooties. I just got a shot for it. It hurt."

"Imma get mine in two days." she smiled and handed him her water gun.

"Catch me!" she ran when he sprayed her purple knit dress.

She hid behind a slide. She heard somebody coming, she let a giggle slip out her full pink lips.

"Gotchya!" Brian grabbed her. She giggled again as he grabbed her hand.

"I have cooties!"

"So?"

She didn't reply. Instead she ran over to her mom and got picked up into her loving arms.

Her mom turned around and began walking to the awaiting SUV.

Brian frowned and walked back to where his mom was last. No sign of her.

"Hey little rocker." His dad ruffled the small child's hair.

"We gonna go home?"

"Yeah champ."

"Kay."