Status: On A Break!

Don't Make This Easy. I Want You to Mean It.

Slurp

I swear I could actually hear slurping sounds through that whole movie. I hardly paid any attention to the movie, and Alex noticed.

"Just ignore them," Alex said, placing a hand on my thigh.

I smiled and nodded, knowing that he didn't realize the magnitude of the situation.

When the movie was over I grabbed Alex's hand and practically ran from the theatre. I did not want to have to spend one more second with the face sucking monsters. Alex looked worried and put his arm around my shoulder as his own little way of asking if I was okay.

I smiled up at him, "I just want to go home."

Alex nodded and walked me to his car.

The ride home was silent. When we got to my house I kissed Alex goodbye and promised I'd call him later, before bolting into my house and up the stairs to my room. I turned on my phone and walked over to my iPod speakers, plugging in my iPod and turning it up almost as loud as it could go. I relaxed a little when Heaven Help Us All by My Chemical Romance started playing. I normally didn't like them, but this song was an exception. I frowned as The Equalized by Clinic started playing a in addition to the song on my iPod. I paused my music and walked over to my phone. The screen said 'Jason' accompanied by a picture of us together.

I took a deep breathe and opened the phone.

"Hi Jason," I said, trying to sound casual.

"Hey babe, are we still on for ice cream?" Jason's voice came through the speaker.

He always calls me baby or babe, I bet it's so he'll never mix up our names.

I put on my best smiley voice before saying, "Well I'm not really in the mood for ice cream. You want to come over here and we can hang out?"

"Sure, sounds great. I'll be there in ten.

"Great," I replied before hanging up the phone.

"Hope you can remember which girlfriend's house it is," I mumbled before turning my music back on.

Surprisingly enough, Jason was on time. At least he didn't go to the wrong girl's house, although that would have been really funny.

I let him in with a smile before turning on my heel and glaring at him, "Birthday party get canceled?"

Jason looked at me with confusion before answering with a slow, "no"

"That's odd, cause I saw you at the movie's with your not-so-ex."

Jason gulped, "oh."

I nodded, "Alex and I went to see Push."

Jason's face paled, "Um, I can- wait, why were you at the movies with Alex?"

I shook my head, "Because he's my best friend and you blew me off."

Jason looked a little uncomfortable.

"Actually, I lied. Alex is my boyfriend, and he's better than you'll ever be. I saw you with that girl this morning, just how girlfriends do you have? And don't pull that, 'she's just a friend' nonsense with me because I saw you making out!"

"Alex is your boyfriend?!" Jason yelled, completely ignoring everything else I said.

"Well you sure don't act like one, so yes!"

"I can't believe you!"

"You can't believe me?! You have at least two other girls, and I doubt I've seen all of them. I can't believe I trusted you! If I wasn't going to break up with you before, I sure am now!" I replied.

"Whatever, Jasey, you're just a little slut anyway," Jason said before storming out of my house.

"Good luck with her, you'll need it," I heard him mumble.

I frowned and walked over to the door to find a very hurt looking Alex staring back at me.

"Alex I-" but he cut me off by turning and running back to his house.

Shit!

I ran across the street and started banging at the door. I could hear Alex's breathing on the other said so I sat down and leaned my back against the door.

"Alex I'm sorry," I said, softly, but loud enough for him to hear, "I was going to break it off with him, but things just got in my way. I know that's the stupidest excuse in the world, right up there with 'I got abducted by aliens' or 'the dog ate my homework', but I am really sorry."

I heard him chuckle slightly, but the door didn't open.

"Alex, I know it's going to take time, but I really am sorry and I hope you'll forgive me," I said.

"I love you," I mumbled before getting up to leave.

"What?" I heard from the other side of the door.

The door opened to reveal a very shocked Alex.

"What did you say?" He asked, staring at me in bewilderment.

"I love you," I said quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the title is weird and mostly irrelevant, but whatever, I like it.
I gave you two fairly short updates today, but they weren't really fillers.
She broke up with him! So good news for those of you who were yelling at me to make her do it. Also, her and Alex said they love each other, so woot!
Comments are wonderful things that make the world turn and butterflies fly.
Yes that was random, but oh well