Status: On A Break!

Don't Make This Easy. I Want You to Mean It.

The Boyfriend

I walked into school, smiling as bright as I ever had. Why? Because I was now the official girlfriend of Jason Myers. I know it sounds stupid, but I had been crushing on Jason since sixth grade, and he was finally mine.

"Jasey," I heard a voice call as I opened my locker.

I turned around to smile at my best friend Alex.

"Look, at that smile, and I thought I was happy," Alex said, smiling, and nudging me.

"And why, might I ask, did you think think you were happy?" I giggled.

"Well, my friend. I just finished my demo tape for the band," He grinned.

"That's great, Alex!!!!!" I sqeeled, hugging him.

"Yes, yes it is. But, my lovely Jasey, I must know why you are so happy."

I smiled and looked at the ground shyly, "Jason Myers asked me out," I said quietly.

"What?!" Alex asked.

"Jason Myers asked me out and I said yes," I was sqeeling by the last part.

"EEEEKKKKKKKK!" I heard an ear shattering scream coming from my left.

I turned to my friend Izzi and smiled, sheepishly.

"Ohmygosh! I am so happy for you!" Izzi shreeked.

"Clearly," Alex stated and started to walk to his locker.

"Ooops," Izzi said, looking at the ground.

"It's okay hun, but I had better go catch him."

I gave Izzi one last smile before running down the hall towards Alex's locker.

When I got there he was throwing books into his bag rather forcefully.

"Woah, don't kill the books, Alex," I smiled at him.

"Whatever Jase," he responded without even looking at me.

"Alex, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? You know, I don't get you. You say relationships don't matter. You don't want a boyfriend. You've seen how I get hurt and don't want that to happen to you. Then, when one cute boy asks you on a date, you go gaga and start giggling and squeeling? What's with that?"

I shyed back from him. I had never heard Alex yell before and it was kind of scaring me.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think you'd get this upset over me dating Jason."

"It's not even about Jason. I mean, yeah I don't like the guy, but it isn't about him. You used to say that I was the only boy you could ever trust. But when Jason Myers comes along, you turn into one of those stupid girls we make fun of. It's the way you and Iz were talking, and the fact that you, oh so willingly, let this boy who you hardly know into your life, and the acting like the world is all sunshine and daisies just cause some boy likes you."

"Alex, I'm not changing for Jason. If he wanted someone who sqeeled and giggled he wouldn't have asked me to be his girlfriend, but I do have the right to be happy and excited about it for one day!" I screamed and stormed off to my first class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!
I love constuctive criticism!