Status: On A Break!

Don't Make This Easy. I Want You to Mean It.

Pasts I Thought Had Died

I sat in my room, just listening to my phone ring. I didn't want to answer it, Alex had called three times in the last five minutes that I'd been home. So I just sat there, fingers resting on my lips, the same way I'd been since I entered my room. He kissed me? Why? What was that about? Why was he crying this morning? How did he get from crying to kisses? These were the thoughts that had been racing through my head for the past five minutes. I didn't know what to do. But then something happened. The ring tone on my phone changed. It wasn't the special ringtone for Alex anymore, but this was worse. This ringtone was for Jason. I let it ring one more time and decided answer it. I took a deep breathe and flipped the phone open.

"Hi Jason," I tried to sound as calm and normal as possible.

"Hey, what's wrong, you sound kind of....off balance."

So much for that

"Nothing, I'm fine." I put on my most reassuring smile before realizing he couldn't see it. "I'm smiling reassuringly," I said and he laughed.

"Well I'm sold," he laughed, "So do you want to do something today?"

"Uh, sure. I really need some new jeans. Can we go to the mall?" I asked.

"Sure."

"Uh, can bring some friends, or is this a two person thing?"

He laughed again, "Of course you can bring friends, I'll invite some too, and it can be a group shopping trip."

I smiled, "Great, pick me up at 1:00?"

"1 it is."

"Bye Jason."

"See ya later."

I hung up and proceeded to call some friends.

-The Mall-

An hour later we were at the mall, laughing our asses off aboout some 60 year old guy who had tried to hit on Izzi.

"What's your name? Do you come here often?" Meggie teased.

"I don't know, do you hear often?" I laughed.

Izzi still looked somewhat horrified, but laughed along.

"How old was that guy? Like 60?" Meggie asked.

"At least in his forties," Matt replied.

"Why me?!" Izzi yelled, falling onto her knees and throwing her arms into the air as she did so.

"I guess you just look old, Iz," I replied.

"Not that old!" Izzi cried, making us laugh even harder.

"What are we laughing about?" I heard a voice say from behind me.

That sounded like......no...it couldn't be.

"What do you want?" Izzi spat, she was now standing with her hands on hips and a scowl on her face, her blue eyes burning.

Oh shit.

I turned around slowly and, sure enough, standing before me was Mark Adams. Mark was my ex-boyfriend. I know I said that Jason was my first boyfriend, but that was because I erased Mark. Yes, I erased him. I delted and burned all evidence on him ever having been in my life. It wasn't an easy job either, considering I'd known him since second grade. We never talked about Mark, we didn't even talk abut people named Mark. As far as I was concerned, Mark Adams didn't exist.

"Who's this, baby?" Jason asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind me.

"No one, Jason. I don't even know the guy."

"Let's go," Izzy said, venom dripping off those two simple words.

We began to walk, but Mark ran up in front of us, blocking our path.

"Why so angry, babe?" Mark smirked.

I stepped to the side but he moved in front of me.

"Oh, is someone still mad at me," Mark spoke in a baby voice.

"What the fuck do you want, Mark?" I asked.

"Oh, now you remember me."

"Fuck off," I spat.

Jason stared at me confused, "Jasey, who is this guy?"

"Just a bug I thought had been exterminated."

"Ooo, harsh," Mark put a hand on his heart in mock offense. "What's the matter Jasey? Didn't tell you boyfriend about your past?"

I shook my head, "You are not a part of my past, preasent, or future. So get the fuck out of my way!"

Jason still looked confused, but I ignored him as I pushed past Mark, and towards the doors of the mall.

Jason ran to catch up with me while Izzi, Megan, and Matt pushed past Matt and continued to walk at a normal pace, giving me time to cool off.

"Jasey, talk to me," Jason pleaded.

"It doesn't matter Jason. He doesn't matter."

"Well clearly he does, or you would be this worked up about it." He stopped walking, as did I.

"Look, can we talk about this later? I need some time to think." He nodded, and I walked through the doors, managing to get out my phone and call Alex to pick me up, as I fought not to punch the wall.

Sometimes things you thought had died come back. As ghosts.