Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 15

I skipped to my room, singing Skyway Avenue, because it was the first song that popped into my head. I flung open my closet and scanned my clothes, groaning when i didn’t see anything to wear. I wanted to impress Zack, and if I couldn’t find any clothes, i was screwed. I decided on my black skinny jeans and my blue Matthew Lush “Betch” shirt that I had just got in. I went into my bathroom, turning on my flat iron, and pulled out my make up, pulling out my bright blue eyeshadow, black eyeliner, pink lipgloss, and my cover up. As I applied my make up, I started thinking about what I would do when I met Zack for our date. I started getting butterflies in my stomach, and I suddenly felt dizzy, the world tilting. I steadied myself on the counter, taking deep breaths and finished my make up and hair. When I was done, I glanced at the clock, and screeched. I had 20 minutes to get dressed and make it to the coffee shop. I threw on my clothes and only stopped to make sure they weren’t on backwards.

I launched myself into my car, revving the engine and flying out of my steep driveway. I stopped at a light, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel impatiently. I didn’t realize how fast I was going until the cop flashed his lights and pulled me over. Shit. I pulled my car off to the side of the road and got out my license and registration. He walked to my window, tapping on the glass for me to roll my window down.

“Hello Officer”

“Ma’am, are you aware of how fast you were going?”

“No sir, but I do realize I was probably speeding, and I am so sorry”

“Can I see your license and registration?”

“Here you go” I handed him the desired items out the window and waited as he went back to his car. Someone stopped in front of me, and I groaned when that someone got out of the car. Matt. He grinned when he saw me, and I knew everyone would know what happened in about 2 minutes. The cop walked back and handed me my license and registration back.

“This is your first offense, correct?”

“Yes sir”

“Well, I’ll let you go this time, just don’t let it happen again”

“Thank you so much!”

He rolled his eyes as he walked back to his car, and I started driving again, this time watching how fast I was going. Matt followed me until he reached his street, and I turned the ringer off on my phone. Dealing with Matt was the last thing I wanted to do. As I pulled into the parking lot of the coffee shop, I could see Zack waiting for me inside. My heart sped up, and I found it almost hard to breath. I steadied my nerves and I got out of my car and walked into the shop, smiling when Zack looked at me. I sat across from him, and waited for him to start up a conversation. I didn’t have to wait long.

“Thanks for coming”

“Sorry I’m late. I was pulled over on my way here”

He raised his eyebrows. “For what?”

“Speeding”

“Well, Kay, I must say that I’m shocked. You always yelled at me whenever I went too fast or something”

“I know. I was shocked myself. And to make it better, Matt saw me getting pulled over”

His face spread into a wide grin. “I am so sorry”

“Yeah, me too, because now everyone will know what happened”

“I know. It happened to me when I got a DUI. Johnny saw me getting pulled over”

“You got a DUI?”

“Um, thats a long, painful story for another time”

“Hm. I guess I’ll have to ask Johnny”

“Please, go ahead. He doesn’t know all of what happened”

“Is that good or bad”

“Probably very good. I mean, I would never show my face again if the guys knew what happened”

“That bad?”

“Oh yeah., Oh, and I ordered you a coffee”

“Thank you”

“A mocha latte. You still like those, right? I didn’t know what to get you, so I kinda guessed on what you used to like”

“That’s fine”

“Okay good”

We were silent for awhile, but it was a comfortable silence, and I wasn’t in any rush to break it. I was enjoying the time I had to stare at him without interruption, so I was slightly irritated with the waitress who ruined it for me. She set our drinks down, and after seeing my face, hurried to leave us alone.

“Leave it to you to scare off a waitress”

“I don’t like it when they stare at you like a piece of meat”

“A sexy piece of meat, get it right!”

“Excuse me”

“I will, but only this once. Don’t let it happen again”

“Oh, I’m shaking with fear”

“You should be”

I rolled my eyes. “You haven’t changed in the last 8 years”

“I haven’t changed in the last 15 years”

I laughed. “Nice”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, so sorry its been so long, but I have been soooo busy!!!!!!

love you all!!!
xXalyssaXx
<33