Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 16

"So Kay, do you have a boyfriend?"

"Didn't you already ask me that?"

"So what?"

"No"

"Who was your last boyfriend?"

"You"

He blinked. "Really?"

"Yep. When you left, I told myself that I would never trust another guy again. All they do is heal you and break you in they're own way"

"Don't hold anything back now"

"What? You're the one that asked and I'm not going to lie"

"Why?"

"Because it doesn't help anything. Lying only makes things worse when the other person finds out what really happened"

"Since when did you get so wise?"

"I've always been. You just weren't here to see it come out"

I took a sip of my coffee, reveling in the rich chocolate taste that I haven't had in awhile. Zack watched me as he sipped his drink slowly.

"What are you thinking?" I questioned.

"What? Oh, um, nothing terribly important"

"You sure?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"I don't know. I mean, I still know you after 8 years, and I know when something is bothering you. Speak"

He barked like a dog, cracking a smile that showed off his teeth.

I rolled my eyes. "How old are you again?"

"25" he said proudly.

"Are you sure?"

"I think so. I mean, I was born in '81...but then again I've never been good at math"

"Wow"

"I know, I'm amazing"

"Your ego is huge"

"Thats not the only part of me thats huge" he winked.

"Mhmm"

"What?"

"Zack, I know whats in your pants, and its not that big. But don't worry, size dosen't matter...much"

"That hurt"

"Yeah, well, the truth hurts"

His expression slowly fell. "I know"

"Hey, whats going on with you and Gena?"

"Oh, we broke up last night"

"Why? You looked like you really liked her" I couldn't bring myself to say the word love.

"I did, but I love someone else" he looked at me meaningfully, and I blushed.

"What are you saying Mr. Baker?"

"That I still love you and that I want you back. I know I screwed up, and I know that nothing I do can make the past any better or any less filled with pain, but I know I can make the future brighter"

"Wow Zack, that was actually good"

"Yeah, well, its amazing what some bumper stickers say"

"Are you serious? You got that off a bumper sticker?"

"Yeah" he admitted.

"Why am I not suprised?"

"Because I have never been deep or poetic"

"Trust me, I know. I still remember your miserable attempts to write me poems"

His eyes grew wide. "You said you liked my poems"

"I lied"

"Wow. No wonder some of the girls I wrote poetry to never called me back. Thanks a lot Kay!"

"Not my fault you can't write"

"You have a sever problem with being nice today, don't you?"

"Only to you" I smiled sweetly.

"Aw thanks. Anyway, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked seriously.

"Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend"

He grinned. "Good"

I stared at him, and thought about what happened and what the future might hold. I found myself thinking about marrying him and growing old with him, having kids with him, having him and only him for the rest of my life. He stopped my thoughts.

"Do you want to go back to my place?"

"What?"

"Back to my house?"

"Sure"

His face split in to a grin and got up, holding his hand out to me. I took it and walked out of the shop with him, earning envious stared from the girls that worked there. He walked me to my car, and as I got in, he started laughing.

"What?" I looked up at him, confused.

"You have a wrapped stuck to your ass"

"What?"

"There is a wrapper stuck to your ass. Get up so I can get it off"

I got back out of my car and turned around, bending over a little just to tease him.

"Not nice Kay. Not nice at all" he growled, and I felt his hand graze my butt. I turned around and saw him holding a water bottle label that had apparently gotten stuck on my pants. I got back in my car and watched him as he walked to his, admiring the way his butt looked in his pants. I followed him out of the parking lot and to PCH, and I smiled at the memory of the first time I had met the guys. When we got to his house, I stared at the guy standing in the driveway next to his. Matt. Oh, my god. They lived next door to each other. I shook my head and parked behind Zack, smiling as Matt walked over. I could only imagine he was telling Zack all about my ticket he saw me recieve, and laughed out loud at his expression when I got out of my car and waved.
♠ ♠ ♠
sooooo, here is the new update for all my faithful readers that have stuck with this crappy story from the begining

cookies for all of you!!!!!!!!

COMMENTS=LOVE

xXalyssaXx
<33