Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 3

The bell rang for lunch and I jumped out of my seat and fled to the door before anyone could stop me. I waited for Zack by the doors to the lunch room and soon I saw him walking down the hallway alone, a dark look on his face. When he saw me his face lit up and a smile slipped on his lips. I smiled back without thinking and he joined me by the doors.

“So, how do you like it here so far?” I asked, walking in. The dark look returned to his face and he muttered something.

“Zack?”

“Huh? Oh, just some fucking football jocks giving me a hard time, especially one prick named Brad or some shit like that”

I stopped and looked at the ground, ashamed of what Brad did. Zack looked back at me and concern clouded his face.

“Kaydence? What did I say?”

“Brad is my boyfriend” I muttered softly, but he heard what I said.

“Oh, uh, I uh…” he was speechless.

“Don’t worry about it” I murmured and kept walking. He caught up with me and there was an awkward silence until Lauren joined us. She pushed in the middle of us and slung her arms around both our shoulders.

“Hello, my ninja buddies. What is up in the land of bubble wrap?” she chuckled.

“Nothing, except I have horrible news captain” I frowned and she looked at me, fake concern on her face.

“Yes, sailor, what is it?”

“Evil llama cookies are taking over banana goldfishiens!” I pretended to sob and she gasped in horror.

“Say it’s not so!”

“I’m sorry, but their city is gone” I looked at the ground and sadly shook my head. Zack looked lost and when he reached our table, Davey noticed the look on his face and then at our mourning ones. Zack looked at Davey.

“What the fuck is going on with them?”

Davey chuckled and looked at me. “Banana goldfishiens?”

I nodded sadly and he looked at Zack to translate, but gave up. “You don’t want to know” he said simply and Zack nodded.

“I don’t think I do”

Lauren and I busted up and we sat down, shaking the table with our laughter. Brad walked over and placed his hand on my shoulder, making me stop laughing instantly. I looked at him with wide eyes, but he was staring at Zack.

“So, what the hell are you doing with my girlfriend?” he demanded and I looked at the table, shame on my face.

“Nothing, I mean, we already made out this morning, but if you want me to take it further I could” Zack said smoothly, and I panicked. Brad’s hand squeezed my shoulder harder and I almost whimpered.

“You touch my girl and I’ll rearrange your face” Brad hissed and Zack laughed.

“Wow, you are so original. I mean, I’ve only been told that same line over a hundred times. I’m so glad you’re smarter than all the rest” Zack laughed and I winced when Brad’s grip became tighter. This time a small whimper escaped my lips and Zack looked at me, zeroing in on Brad’s hand on my shoulder.

“Hey, let her go” he said, standing up.

“What business is it of yours?”

“She’s my friend, that’s why it’s my business”

“Zack, drop it” I whispered and Lauren pulled him down, looking at me hopelessly. Davey didn’t say anything, he averted his gaze to look at the table.

“I’ll see you later Kaydence” Brad said and I nodded. He left and Zack looked at all of us angrily.

“Why didn’t you say anything Kaydence?”

“Drop it, okay?”

“No! He can’t hurt you and get away with it”

“Zack, please just drop it. It’s okay, really. I’m fine”

He shook his head and walked out. I chased after him and followed his outside and watched as he punched a tree. He sat under it and I hesitantly walked up to him. He looked up when he saw me and I slowly sat down next to him.

“Zack, you have to understand. Brad can be a jerk sometimes, but he can also be really sweet” I said softly and he looked at me in disbelief.

“So because he’s really sweet sometimes its okay he hurts you?”

“I…”

“Kaydence, you don’t deserve to be treated like that. You need someone that will be sweet and nice to you all the time, not just sometimes”

I smiled sadly. “I know, but I can’t break up with him. My parents wanted me to go out with him and I did, and I grew to like him a lot. I know he’s a jerk sometimes, but my parents would be so disappointed in me in I broke up with him”

“So you’re just going to let him fucking hurt you?”

“I don’t have a choice”

“Yeah, you do. What's the worse he can do to you”

“I tried breaking up with him once. He hit me” I had never told anyone that before. I couldn’t help it; I started crying. Zack pulled me into his arms and held me as I cried, rocking me back and forth, telling me everything was going to be okay. The lunch bell rang, signaling we all had to go back to class. Zack looked at me with a crazy grin.

“Want to ditch?”

I giggled. “Sure. Where we are we going to go?”

“I have an idea. My friends house”

“Down in the desert?” I squeaked and he laughed and shook his head.

“No. I moved to the desert 2 years ago from here. I have friends up here and they don’t go to school on Mondays”

“Seriously? They ditch every Monday?”

“Yep. Let’s go”

He helped me up and we started walking down the street and I smiled. He was so sweet and nice and hot and gorgeous and…wait. Was I falling for Zack. I shook the thought from my head. I had only known him half a day. I followed him down the PCH and into a neighborhood. He walked me up to a house and he knocked on the door and waited. A sleepy looking guy about my age answered it and his eyes lit up when he saw Zack. Then I recognized him. He went to my school. His name was Matt Sanders, all time bad boy and “emo”. He had a group of friends that consisted of odd characters, including Jimmy Sullivan, Johnny something (I didn’t pay that much attention to Johnny…he was a freshman and quite quiet), and Brian Haner.

“Zack! What are you doing here?”

“I moved back, idiot. I tried to call you and Brian on Saturday, but neither of you fucktards answered the phone!”

“We were at a party. Sorry” he laughed and then saw me.

“Is that…Kaydence?”

I smiled timidly. “Hey Matt”

Zack looked between us and then “You 2 know each other?”

“We worked on a project together” he answered and kept looking at me.

“So how do you know Zack?”

“We just met today”

“Oh. So Zack, how can I help you?”

“We are ditching. Kay’s boyfriend was being an asshole, so we left”

“That makes sense. All powerful Brad” he rolled his eyes and invited us in. “The rest of the guys are in the living room”

Oh shit. What did I get myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha! Banana goldfishiens...good times.

Anywayz...

so, seeing as how I have more than 10 readers, i want atleast 5 comments* if there is to be a decent lenghthed update!!

*double comments don't count people!

thanx for reading!

xXalyssaXx

<33