We're Just Teenage Lovers

Nightmare Anatomy

Krystal’s POV
“You said you cared! But you don’t! Why bother saying it if you didn’t mean it?” She started screaming at me.
“I do care! I care a lot! You’re just taking me for granted! I used to love the old way I was, but now I love life because you are in it. You turned my view on life around to a better place, and that’s with you. I love you Anna. I really do you just don’t even know how much I do.” I told her.
“Get out! Get out now! I hate you!”
“I will just sleep on the couch tonight. Obviously you have some PMS issues tonight.” I said under my breath to myself.

Tears started streaming down her face, but my heart shattered completely, I swear if it had been exploded outside of my body, blood would be everywhere. She ran into our room and locked herself in. I fell asleep and then woke up to the sound of sickening silence in the house. I knocked on the bedroom door and got no reply, I made lots of noise and got no ‘stop the effing noise would you’, so I decided to kick the door down; I’d pay for a new one later. I saw what I didn’t want to see. Anna hanging from the ceiling, cold and lifeless. Just faintly swinging in the breeze coming from the window.

“Ahhh! Oh god! No! Anna. Anna. Anna. Are you okay?” I searched the room for Anna, and found her sound asleep next to me. I sighed with relief that she was okay.

I hate having these nightmares. It’s always when we’re married and living alone together. Always the same fights, always the same scene over and over again. A disturbing picture of my lover dead and hanging from the ceiling fan. I really hope that these dreams never come true, I don’t know what I’d do without her. She’s like my world, my life; the missing hole in my heart.

“Babe we gotta take you to counselling, these nightmares are really taking a toll on you and its kind of affecting me a bit too.” Anna creeps up behind me. And I get off the bed and go get myself a green tea, Anna follows.
“I know darl, I know, and it sucks okay. It’s not fair that I dream about my lover lifeless and hanging from the ceiling fan, I should be dreaming of her with me on a romantic night out and doing all this kinky shit to her to tease her and dream about having great wild sex.” I say to her about to break down crying. She rubbed my back, but I never cried.
“I’m going to go get you another coffee love.” She says and gets up off the bed and moves into the kitchen to make my coffee.
“Thanks.”

***

Anna’s POV
News flash! Fatal 10 car pile up kills 4 and 3 are injured.

The television screened. I hope it wasn’t my Krystal, or else I’d be dead too. I just have this sickening feeling inside me that she’s either dead, or one of the 3 injured. Just then my phone rings.

“H-hello?” I answer.
“Yes is this Miss Jaylynne?”
“Y-yes it is, how can I help you sir?”
“We need you to come down to the morgue for some identification, we believe that Krystal was among those injured or dead, and she wasn’t among the injured.”
“O-okay sir. I’m coming right away.”

I grabbed my keys and sped to the hospital morgue, it only took me about 10 minutes, since I lived close to the hospital. I expected the worst, but hoped for the best about my lover. She was everything I had, and everything I was. She was the air that I breathe, the reason I wake up each morning. Krystal was visiting her grandparents on the other side of the freaking city, I told her that I was going to go too, to assist her decisions about telling her grandparents about us. But she said that her grandparents would never love her and completely cut her off from the family if they knew she were gay, so that’s why I stayed here. But I knew, I had this kind of feeling that something along the lines of a car accident would happen.

I reached the sign that read MORGUE in big bold letters hanging from the ceiling pointing me in its direction. The anticipation and worry was rising in my stomach, and the acidic bile was slowly rising inside me with every step I took. I reached the doors and told the doctors my name, and I identified almost every body, but there was one more that was in pieces, but the limbs only hanging on by a few centimetres of flesh.

“No none of these are my Krystal.” I said, but had a gut feeling that she was the last shattered body. “What about that one over there?” I asked pointing to the shattered human body on the table. They took me to it. And uncovered the body, the face was mangled, but the eyes were still there… my stomach dropped and I was about to throw up, but just cried instead. Those were the eyes that almost everyday I would stare into them, and get lost… now they’re still bright, but lifeless. I checked the wrists, to find the exact patterns she carved into them, even including my name, for times like these.

I kissed what was left of the skin of the cheek, and surprisingly enough the lips were completely there; I kissed those too. They used to be velvety soft, but now they’re cracked with only a bit of velvety softness to them. My Krystal was dead, and I now had no more reason to wake up anymore, I am nothing now that she’s gone. Why did I have to leave her? Why didn’t I risk her being cut off from her family to be with her, at least we would have died together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while to get this to you guys.

i've been busy with assignments and i've been through many meetings with heads of house and students, due to 'friendship issues' or as everyone refers to as 'grade 11 warfare' it sucks but its here now!

don't be sad its over... be glad its over.

its a cheesy ending i know, but its all i can think of going through stress.

[there could be a sequel to this... idk yet, depends how i feel at camp... it'll only be a few chapters though... Anna in the after years kind of thought.]