I Would Follow You Anywhere

Part V

“Lily!”

“I’m coming, mom!” I called back down the stairs.

It was my first day of high school, and I was inexplicably ecstatic. Nervous butterflies in my stomach were crowded out by the excitement.

Adam had moved away before eighth grade, so I was happy to move on from the place I had so many memories of him: middle school.

It was a fresh start. I wouldn’t be the only one who was in need of friends.

I headed off. I paused for a moment to take in how big it seemed from the outside.

I wasn’t intimidated one bit. I went in and to my first class, Algebra. I sat down next to a quiet looking brown-haired girl, who smiled at me. I smiled back.

“I’m Angela,” she said. “And this is Dana,” she added, pointing to a blonde-haired girl on her other side. Dana waved.

“I’m Lily,” I answered, still smiling, pleased that this making new friends thing wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.

Maybe I didn’t need my best friend anymore.

****************************************************

Sisky’s POV

I stood outside my new school, just staring at it. It was so…big. Big and intimidating. Plus, Jason had already ditched me for some of his friends.

The first bell rang and I resisted temptation to skip class and run back home before anyone noticed. Maybe I could fake sick. That wouldn’t be hard at all.

Instead, I took my chances and headed inside.

The morning went by in a blur, and I sat with a bunch of people I didn’t know during lunch. I didn’t even bother to ask their names.

Someone ran into me as I was leaving the cafeteria, causing me to drop my books, in which I had shoved loose papers from my morning classes.

“Aw, come on!” I complained to no one in particular. I stooped down to clean up the mess as other people stepped around me. A tall, skinny guy stopped to help me.

“Thanks,” I mumbled, as he handed me my papers. He nodded.

“Hey. You’re Jason’s brother, right?”

“Yeah,” I answered. I recognized it as my brother’s friend, William.

“You need some help?”

“Yeah,” I said again, nodding gratefully.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Woah, flashback!* : )