We Are All a Bunch of Animals That Never Pay Attention in School

Liar!

Cp.8 - Liar!
Frank’s P.O.V

I was sauntering across the lawn to find the guys for lunch when I saw Gerard, without Pete standing beside him.

“Wanna have lunch with me?” He asked.

“Umm…I think it’s…” I looked up at Mikey’s direction and saw the guys holding their thumbs up, eyeing each other. Well, I think I know what that means.

“You had my little brother?” What do you mean I had your little brother?

“Ah? No, absolutely no problem.” I stuck my tongue out and grimaced at them, behind Gerard.

We sat at the picnic table and started eating.

“Why’s not Pete with you today?” I was just trying to make a conversation but I never thought of talking about this, I swear. It just came out of my mouth before I could stop it. Shit, did I just mention Pete? Oh god.

“He said he’d got something to do.”

“Nothing strange?” I wanna slap myself after saying that. I shouldn’t have continued this conversation!

“Umm… it’s strange that he told me to have lunch with you if I felt bored not having him around.” What!? Did that fucker really say that? How dare him! But what does that suppose to mean? Is it that he’s trying to make Gerard have feelings for me and so that he can run away with his stupid girlfriend? Guilty free? Well if this is what he wanted, then he sure is scheming. That motherfucker, I can’t believe it.

"It isn't THAT strange, is it?" Gerard looked at me and a little laughter escaped his lips. My facial expression must have been over reacted.

My heart is deeply hurt by the way Gerard trusting Pete that much but Pete was actually cheating on him, maybe doing those things right now, at this very moment. Fuck I feel so bad looking into Gerard’s eyes. His precious smile is all that I wanted. That’s all that I want, I want him...

The next thing I notice is my lips collide with his. It hasn't been a long kiss. He pulled away as soon as he realized what had happened.

"Gerard." Oh my fucking god, tell me I did not do anything I shouldn’t.

"No, don't you say anything to me." he said sternly, trying to walk away from me.

"Gerard, please let me explain.” I clenched his arm, not letting go of him. Great, now I’m spoiling everything I’ve tried to build before.

“No! There’s no way I’m cheating on Pete.” He said calmly, but the seriousness and disgust from his eyes made me shiver.

“But why?” I asked hopelessly. His eyes seemed to say he's not gonna forgive me, ever.

“Why? Isn’t that obvious?”

“Gerard, listen to me. I really wasn’t planning to tell you this now but I think I have to.” Ok, I had enough.

“What?”

“Pete is cheating on you.” There was a sort silence after my words.

“What? No, you’re kidding.”

“Dead serious.” Gerard paused at this statement.

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Pete would never do such thing. You're just jealous!” He stated and walked back into the school building, out of my sight. He was trying to be calm but obviously failed. I can see his body shiver.

His reaction was way calmer than I thought he would be. Does that mean he really thinks I'm lying? God dammit!

I was still sitting on the bench, feeling distressed. God I felt sorry for him, and myself. I was thinking over and over again. It wasn’t my fault. It should be Pete who cheated on Gerard who's wrong. It should be Gerard who simply wouldn’t believe me who's wrong. But still, what am I gonna do now? I don’t want Gerard to think I am a liar who was trying to ruin his 'perfect' relationship with his boyfriend. I did everything for his own good!