You blushed and smiled and said you would stay

Chapter One

Shay's POV
I can't believe it's been a year

I'm pretty sure it's been exactly a year since Cieran moved to Massachusetts. I've missed him so much. We've tried to keep in touch but... things don't always happen as you want them too. But he's decided to come back to Florida for a two-week vacation. He's going to stay with us. I'm so elated that I think I'm going to bounce off the walls. I haven't been this happy since...
Wow. So much has happened since he moved away. I started high school, I started dating again. Her name was Bella and she was beautiful. Not as beautiful as Cieran but she filled a void. But the void became empty again when she tradgically died four months ago. In a car accident.

"Hey, if you sit outside any longer, you're going to get sunburnt." My brother, Sean, said. I hadn't realized that I was sitting outside for so long. Just sitting on the lawn, pondering to myself.
"Yeah... I guess I'll go inside." Everyone has been worried about me since Bella's death. I've been very reclusive and seldomly ever talk. Sean was worried that I would attempt suicide or something, but I'd never do that. I know how suicide can effect the people around you.

I heard my dad's car pull into the driveway. He was the one to go and pick up Cieran at the airport. Before I went to go outside to greet my long-lost love, I checked out how I looked in the mirror. My blonde hair, now covered with black streaks, was starting to grow out to my shoulders. I made sure my eyeliner looked perfect. I was dressed in black skinny jeans, black tee-shirt and a pair of chucks. I actually looked quite nice today.
As I opened the door, my dad was helping Cieran unload his luggage. He looked at me for a moment, his eyes wide as saucers.
"Shay..." was all he could whisper.
I went to help him get his bags and bring them back inside and carry them up to my room, where he would be staying. We dropped the luggage and looked and into each other's eyes.
"I'm so glad you've come back" I whispered.
"I'm so glad to be back." he replied.

He looked so... different. He obviously got contacts because he wasn't wearing glasses anymore. His hair was so long, almost half-way down his back. I stroked my hand down his hair and he smiled as I pulled him into a hug.