You blushed and smiled and said you would stay

Chapter Two

Shay's POV
By looking at Cieran and hugging him reminded me just how much I still really loved him.
"Shay," he whispered. "You look so different. I like the streaks in your hair. They look pretty but your eyes...."
I looked at him strangely. My eyes were still blue last I checked. "What about them."
"They look... empty."
I understood what he meant. I was empty. I felt like I had the emotion sucked out of me like a vacuum cleaner had done it.
"I mean, they're still beautiful but..... all I can see is sorrow. It must have been hard... for the past year. Did you know it's been exactly a year since I've left?"
I nodded my head. "Yeah. Its... It's been really hard. I'm going to take you somewhere special."
He smiled. "Where are you taking me?"
I smiled this time. "It's a surprise, silly. C'mon. Let's go."
I took his hand and lead him out the door as I told my family I'd be back soon. I was still holding his hand as we walked all the way to the "special location" AKA the playground at our old elementary school. It was sunday so nobody was there. We snuck through the gate and walked straight towards the swings and sat on them.
"Why'd you take me here?"
I smiled. "This is where we first met in third grade. Do you remember?"
"Yeah." Cieran said. "That's when I moved here from Massachusetts!"

**FLASHBACK**
A small eight year old blonde haired boy with a bowl cut ran around the playground playing tag with some of the other kids. After awhile, he got kind of tired of playing tag so he decided to go to the swing set. Only one kid was on the swings. The boy didn't know who he was so he naturally sat on the swing next to him and struck up conversation.
"Are you new here?"
A little brunette haired boy with shortish hair and round glasses nodded his head.
"My name is Shay O'Neil. What's yours?" the blonde one said.
"Cieran Way." the brunette responded.
Shay giggled. "That sounds kind of like a girls name. Cieran."
"Everyone says that! I was my parents gave me a better name." Cieran responded.
"Well," said Shay. "My full name is Seamus but everyone calls me Shay."
"Oh okay." Cieran responded.
"Where did you move here from?"
"Massachusetts."
Shay began twisting his hair. "Where's that?"
"Up north." Cieran replied.
"Why did you move here?" Shay asked.
Cieran simply shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know."
"Do you like it here?"
"It's okay. But none of the other kids have talked to me today. You're the first one."
"Really? Cool! Do you want to be my friend?" Shay asked.
"Of course!" Cieran replied.
"C'mon," Shay beckoned. "Let's go down the slide and try and shock the other kids."
"COOL!!"

**END FLASHBACK**
"Wow," Cieran sighed. "I had forgotten that you were my first friend in Florida."
Shay smiled. "I had, like, the dorkiest hair cut when I was a kid. My parents always made me get a bowl cut."
Cieran laughed. "Aww... but it looked so cute!! I had stupid rounded glasses because that's the only ones we could afford at the time."
We were spinning around the swings and laughing like crazy. We stopped for a moment and looked into each other's eyes. Our faces seemed to gravitate towards each other and we kissed.