As I crossed your path of gold

Decomposing

So here I was. On a park bench, wasting away into nothing. I was cold and hungry. I had been lying there for a hell of a long time and I had lost track of all time. Feeling like I was decomposing. I wanted to end it right there and then.
But it's only a boy, I told myself, Your stronger than this.
I wiped a tear from my eye and sat up. I was being stupid. But then I realised I had no where to go. I was alone. I hugged my knees. I was scared. The wind was howling against the trees and the trees creepily lurching at me. Another tear escaped my eyes. I was breaking down.
I heard a car pull up some way away. Could be anybody I thought as I heard footsteps. I buried my head in my knees. Could be a peodophile, could be the mafia, could be a murderer. I tightened the grip on my knees.
I heard the footsteps get closer and closer as my haertbeat raced. The footsteps stopped just infront of me. I was rattling on the bench so badly at this point.
"May I sit here?" a familiar high-pitched voice sounded.
I looked up to see it was gerard, wearing his mac coat and sunglasses, just like the day I met him. My eyes filled with tears and I managed to sob a yes. He silently sat beside me. He had came all this way for me. He was more of a fool than I thought.
"Saffy, I'm sorry." He said.
I looked at him, confused. How could he be sorry? It was my fault, not his.
"I shoud of realised you would of moved on. I shouldn't of just expected you to just drop everything and run away with me and all that shit." he gazed at me with sad eyes. "You have a life Saffy. I don't want to turn it upside down."
"You believe in love at first sight?" I blurted out.
He raised his eyebrows slightly in supprise. "...Yes."
"Well thats what I felt about you when I first saw you. I didn't even know who you were. I just knew you were the one. Some beautiful stranger that had walked into my life." He looked at me in a daze. "Then you revealed you were infact the lead singer in a band. It didn't change anything at all. When I woke up with you in the morning, I wanted to stay in bed with you forever. But you said I had to go. My heart was broken and for a long time I depressed. John was my way of trying to prove to myself that I was over you. But I didn't love him. I couldn't. No one compared to you, Gerard. I didn't even know you that well. I've been a prisoner of your love for a long time Gerard. And I'm sorry it's ended up this way."
He looked at me with a twinkle in his eye. He wiped a tear away from my cheek and smiled gently. He held my chin up and pressed his lips against mine. They felt so warm and for a moment I forgot that I was on a park bench freezin my ass off.
He drew away and whispered, "I love you too saffy."