As I crossed your path of gold

Dawning

It seemed as if we had sat on that bench holding each other for just one short moment. But the sun began to rise over the valley. Time flew past when I was around him. He made me feel complete. Everything just seemed to make sense around him.
"Wake up Saffy." I opened my eyes, I must of drifted to sleep. "We better go back, the others don't know I've found you."
He lead me back to his car. He helped me in it and went to the drivers seat. I watched him as we drove. The sunshine on his face made him look so beautiful. He pulled out a fag and lit it with his free hand. I watched him take a drag and turn to me and smile.
"Saffy, what are you doing?"
I broke my gaze and focused on the road, "Oh I dunno...I'm just tired."
"Well," he took another drag, "Our tour finished today so I can stay in this town for a while but I'm going to tour in europe in a couple of months. I'm going to be there for a long while."
"Oh." My face dropped. Was he leaving me again?
He chuckled, "Your coming too silly!" He grinned at me and squeezed my knee. "That's if you want to. You don't have to if you have plans..."
"I'd love too!" I exclaimed before he could say any more.
He laughed and turned back to the road. We were coming back up to the arena but instead drove straight past. I pulled a confused face at Gerard but he didn't change his expression. I didn't ask any questions.
The chorus of the song House of Wolves sounded throughout the car. Gerard whipped out his phone and placed it on the dashboard in loudspeaker mode.
"Hello?"
"Hey Bob, whats up?" Gerard replied.
"Oh just wondering if you found her and if your alright n stuff."
"Yeah I found her." He smiled at me. "We're fine and we've sorted everything out."
"Are you still angry at her?"
He looked awkwardly at me, "Erm no. I'll tell you more later Bob."
"Oh ok. So your coming back to the hotel then?"
"Yes Bob. Bye bye now."
"Oh ok then. cya mate."
He hung up as Gerard pulled up at the side of the road. He sighed heavily.
"To be honest Saff, I was furious when I found out that you had a boyfriend. I thought you were like every other girl that trys to get down my trousers just because I'm famous. But Delia made her way to my dressing room somehow and had a go at me." He chuckled, "She knocked some sense into me. She told me I shouldn't expect you to drop everything just for me when I want you to. She told me how upset you were when I left that first time. You have a good mate there Saff, hold onto her."
I smiled. Delia had done something right for a change. He took my hand and kissed it.
"Here's your home I believe. I spent long enough trying to find the address..."
I turned around and sure enough my flat was there. I didn't want to part from him just yet. I turned around to say goodbye and kiss him goodnight but as I leaned in he put his finger to my lips.
"Saffy, you best see to that boy of yours first." He smiled sympathetically. "Goodnight Saffy."
"Night Gerard." I opened the door and stepped out.
"I'll be in touch." and with that he shut the door and sped off.
I stared after the car. I hope he does call.