As I crossed your path of gold

Tragic Tropicalla

"So..."

"It's over."

"Seriously?"

"Yes."
"How'd he take it?"
"Like a champ."
Gerard laughed down the phone. My stomache flipped with every chuckle. Just hearing his voice made me full of enery and my spirits raised.
"So."
"So." I said back.
"Doing anything tonight?"
"Nope."
"Dinner?"
"Yes please!" I squeaked. He laughed again.
"Ok. Boner. I'll pick you up at 6.00. Be there or be square!"
"Yes yes I'll be there."
"Cya soon!"
"Bye!"
I looked at the time and it was supprisingly half four. I gasped. How was I supposed to get ready that quickly? I looked a state from where I had been crying with mascara streeming down my pale face. I ran to my closet. What was I supposed to wear? Was it posh? Shall I dress smart? I grabbed my elecrtic blue dress and decided it was safest. Now to make myself less ugly...
An hour and half later I was standing outside my door nervously awaiting Gerard. I felt like a school girl again. I put my hand through my freshly curled brown hair and scrunched it. I was so paranoid that the curls would come out and make my hair limp. Just as I was about to pull out my lippy from my bag a car pulled up. The shaded window came down and there was Gerard beaming at me.
"Hop in!"
I did as he said and sat in the passenger seat, grinning amilessly at him.
"So where are we going?" I asked, still smiling.
"Oh macdonalds."
"What?" My face dropped unintentionally.
He laughed, "No dosey. I'm taking you to a lil place I call heaven!"
I nodded slowly, recovering from my heart attack. He began to accelerate up the street.
"So hows Delia?" He asked.
"Erm, havn't seen her about."
"I don't suppose you would," He chukled as I flashed him a confused look, "I believe she wrestled Frank for his number and won. Noone has seen him since."
I laughed, "That does sound like Delia."
"She's quite something." He retorted. "But not as amazing as you." He added.
My cheeks went a strong shade of red and I thanked him. The scent of his aftershave reached my nostrils and breathed in. He smelt so good. I pinched myself yet again. I had never entirely got over meeting him, never mind kissing him. I began to feel that my feelings for him were enhanced by the fact he was famous. But I shook those thoughts out of my head.
He pulled up to a restraunt with many chalets wating outside. Gerard hopped out of the car and so did I as A chalet walked up and took the car from us. Gerard took my arm but before I had a good view of him. On this occasion he was wearing skinny black trousers and a black top with a striped tie with a blazer thrown on for measure. He looked very handsome in it. His hair looked as though it had been styled especially.
He led me towards the door which had the word "Tropicalla" neatly above it. I looked very expensive and I felt a little out of place when entering the building. There were many people inside looking like they had just gone to the oscars. I noticed that the other women's dresses were all a bit longer than mine but I didn't mind.
"Gerard, don't feel the need to splash out on me. I wouldn't mind going to macdonalds you know." I whispered into his ear.
"No," He chuckled, "Don't be silly! This is one of the very few places that I can eat in peace!"
I didn't argue back though I did feel like everyone was looking down their nose at me. I fell silent as we were lead to a table and given menus.
I gazed at him across the table looking at his menu. He studied it hard and scrunched up his face.
"What the fuck is all this?" He exclaimed, drawing people's attention from tables surrounding us.
"The choice of food." I replied with a smirk.
"Don't they have chips or something?"
My eyes scanned the menu, looking at the complicated words they had to decribe their food to make it seem more elaborate.
"No they don't."
He nodded, seeming disheartened.
I still stared at him, admiring his every move when I heard shouting. I looked over to the entrance where one of the waiters where trying to calm some man down.
"I don't want no pissy poncy fucking table!" Boomed the man. Everyone in the restraunt was now looking over in that direction. "I Just want to see her!"
I shuddered as I recognised the voice of the man. It was John.