‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 14

As soon as I walked into the kitchen, I could smell my pancakes. Mm... They smell so good! I heard my stomach rumble. I guess Kevin did too because he looked at me like I had antenna's.

"Wow, hungry much? Don't worry, they're almost done." He laughed. I glared at him before sitting down at the kitchen table.

"Oh my God! Kevin, guess what?!" I asked him all hyper like. He brought my plate of three pancakes over to me and sat them down in front of me. Then he sat down right next to me.

"What?" He folded his hands all nicely and leaned towards me.

"When I went into Nick's room, I saw him and Rachel making out! Do you believe it?!" I shoved a fork full of pancake into my mouth. His eyes widened.

"What?! They won't even admit they like each other, and then they make out?!" He started laughing his butt off. Then I put my fork down, settled my head in my left hand, and gave him a funny look. He stopped laughing and looked at me.

"What?"

"Sounds like someone I know."

"What, my laugh?"

"No! I mean with the whole they're in love with someone, but both of them are too oblivious to realize they like each other." I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

He leaned towards me again, eyes full of interest. "Really? Who?"

This boy just wasn't getting it.

"You and Kristen. Silly." He blushed a dark shade of red and looked at his hands.

"What are you talking about?" His was playing with his thumbs. I knew it! He likes Kristen!

"Come on Kevin. It's pretty obvious you too are madly in love with each other. I mean, the way you look at her and the way you talk to her. It's so sweet!" He looked at me, still playing with his thumbs.

"Do you really think she likes me?" I laughed and nodded.

"She told me." His eyes lit up and he smiled this big, goofy smile. It made me laugh. "Wow Kevin, you have it bad, don't you?" I picked up my empty plate and fork and started over to the sink.

"Yeah. Is it that obvious?" He looked at me but stayed in his seat. I rinsed my plate a little bit, then put it in the sink. I turned towards him and leaned on the counter top.

"No offense but... major. You're just lucky she's too love struck to realize it." I saw him open his mouth to say something else, but then Nick and Rachel came thumping down the stairs so loud, it sounded like a heard of elephants were passing through. They came running into the kitchen.

"Alyssa, I'm so sorry about that." Nick said, panting. Rachel was next to him, also panting.

"Dude, don't worry about it. It's about time you two got together. I mean, how long have you both liked each other?" Kevin and I laughed, while Nick blushed a light pink and smiled at Rachel.

"How did that even happen?" Kevin asked, still laughing.

"I came out and told Rachel my feelings for her, and turns out she felt the same way." Nick shrugged and continued smiling at Rachel.

"I told you!" I yelled at Nick. Seriously, this boy is so clueless. Even if he is the smart one in the family, he can be pretty stupid sometimes.

"Wait, you told him I liked him?" Rachel snapped out of her trance and furrowed her eyebrows at me. Oh snap.

"Um... maybe... please don't kill me!" I begged, backing away a little.

"Alyssa!" She wailed at me.

"Rachel, it's okay. We're together now, right? So who cares?" Nick rubbed her back soothingly. Her glare softened as she looked at Nick. Damn those two have it bad!

Suddenly we all heard another elephant stampede echo throughout the house. By the look on everyone's faces, I knew we were all thinking the same thing. Joe.

Sure enough, he came pounding downstairs like there's no tomorrow. Him and his big feet. Luckily, their parents were out doing some business things, and Frankie is a really deep sleeper. Otherwise, we'd be screwed.

He came into the kitchen with everyone glaring at him. He started towards me, but stopped when he saw all the glares.

"What?!" He asked, throwing his hands up in the air.

"Was all that noise really necessary?" Kevin asked.

"So? Our parents aren't home and Frankie is as deep a sleeper as Alyssa." He put his hands up in defense and walked towards me again.

It is true, though. I am a really, really deep sleeper. No joke. Like, a freaking parade could go by and I would still be sleeping. The only way to wake me up is to shake me. Weird I know, right?

He went behind me and snaked his arms around my waist, sending shills up and down my spine. We've been together for how long? And he still has that affect on me. "Why did you leave me?" He asked so soft, only I would be able to hear it. The heat from his breath on my neck made me shiver and I found it hard to breath.

I wanted to say "Because I don't feel like being around you today", but I couldn't. The way he touched me and the way he smells like bed makes me go in a coma, and I can't find myself to speak.

"Alyssa?" He asked in that soft voice again, making me lose all breath that I had regained in those few seconds. I managed to choke out, "I don't know. I was just being snotty. I'm sorry." I turned my head to look him in the eyes. He leaned his forehead against mine and smiled. Yet again, my breath was taken away.

I heard Kevin get up from his place at the table and say, "Hey guys, let's go ice skating today!" Everyone turned their attention to Kevin, including (Unfortunately.) me and Joe. We all said "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter! This one is a little longer than most because the next chapter will be the last chapter. But not completely! After the next chapter, I'm going to forward the story a year. So, Alyssa will be starting college and a lot more drama is on the way!

:)