‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 17

"Baby..."

"Yes Joe. What is it?"

There was silence among us. Um... hello? If you're trying to get my attention, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to ANSWER ME.

"Joe?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't tell me 'yeah'! You're the one who got my attention in the first place."

"Oh... right."

I sat up a little bit, covering my chest while doing so. It was about 2:30 in the morning. Joe and I still couldn't sleep so we were talking to each other until we would be able to. I gave Joe a worried look, since he wouldn't meet my gaze.

"Joe, is everything alright?"

He sat up in bed with me, still not looking at me. Instead he found the end of his bed very interesting. Then he turned to me with worry in his eyes.

"The condom broke."

Wow. Big whoop.

"That's it?" I asked, a bit annoyed that he almost gave me a heart attack.

"What do you mean 'that's it'? Aren't' you worried you're pregnant?"

Why should I be? I mean, he didn't get me pregnant the first time. What difference does this make?

"No. You didn't get me pregnant the first time, so what's so different about this one? I highly doubt it anyway."

Joe looked at me as though the police just called to tell him that I had been drinking. He shook his head and said, "Alright then. I would still be on the lookout though, just in case. You never know, Alyssa."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I feel fine. Don't worry."

We both got out of bed and put our clothes on. We didn't want to sleep up here in case someone found us. What if they thought we did something? Again?

I mean, we did. But it wouldn't be cool if someone found out. Especially if it was his father.

Once we were all dressed, we headed downstairs. Then we quietly got into our sleeping bags.

"Baby?" Joe whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I still can't sleep."

I rolled my eyes. "Just try to. Close your eyes and count sheep." I rolled over to my other side so my back was facing him.

I was almost entering dreamland, when I heard something. "One... two... three.." It was Joe counting his sheep.

"Joseph, please, count the sheep in your head. Unlike you, I'm actually tired and want to get some sleep. I have a flight tomorrow." I whispered.

"Sorry." There was silence.

Once again, almost into dreamland, until I heard a certain SOMEONE say, "Alyssa?"

Opening my eyes, I turned my head over and glared at Joe. "What?!" I snapped.

"Oh. Just wondering if you were awake or not." I saw him close his eyes and pretend to sleep. I heaved a heavy sigh and turned my head back to the other side. Finally, I actually fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I know. This chapter sucks. It was just a filler and I was bored. Also I haven't updated in a while.
If I get enough comments, I'll update again today!!

:)