‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 21

"No, let's move it over a little." I said. Rachel and I went back to the couch and moved it a little to the side. We were currently rearranging our furniture in our dorm room. Yes. We're in college now baby!!

We stepped away from the couch and looked at it again. "Perfect." We both said at the exact same time. We turned to each other and laughed. Then Rachel went to go sit on her new bed.

"This place looks awesome. We're great decorators aren't we?" She said examining the room.

"Yes we are." Suddenly my phone rang. I went over to my desk and looked at the caller id.

"It's Joe." I smirked over at Rachel. She had a look of hurt on her face.

"Joe calls you but Nick doesn't call me?" She sighed dramatically and fell down on her bed. I laughed and answered the phone. This is how it went:

Me: Hello?
Joe: Hey beautiful. Are you all settled in yet?
Me: Yup. We just finished getting all the furniture in. It's looks astronomical!
Joe: *laughs* Where did you get that from?
Me: I don't know. I was looking for a better word than amazing, since it is WAY more than just amazing, and that's the word that popped into my head.
Joe: You're so random.
Me: But that's why you love me!
Joe: You're right. I can't sop thinking about you. When are you coming home?
Me: Joe, I've only been here for a few hours. There's still a few months left to go.
Joe: Ugh... I don't know if I can wait any longer.
Me: Mm. Oh Joe, I almost forgot to tell you something.
Joe: What is it?
Me: Well, when Rachel and I were on the plane, I got sick again-

There were some voices in the background that cut me off.

Joe: No Nick, I'm on the phone. Wait you're turn.

There was some more noises.

Joe: Nick wait! Why don't you just call her yourself?

Nick says something.

Joe: Ugh... fine. Hey Alyssa, I'm sorry. Nick won't stop bugging me to talk to Rachel. Can I call you back later?
Me: Um, not really. Rachel and I were going to go pick up our books and everything that we need. We'll be kind of busy for the rest of the night.
Joe: *sighs* Alright then. Well, call me when you're free then. I love you.
Me: Love you, too Joe.

I don't think he heard me, though. Because when I said that, there was some muffling around and other noises.

Nick: Rachel?

He sounded extra hyper. Sadly, I had to disappoint him.

Me: No. It's Alyssa. Hold on Rachel's right here.

I handed the phone to Rachel and her face lit up. "Nick?" She now had gotten the case of the jitters.

Why couldn't Nick intrude a little bit later? I was about to tell Joe that I think I'm pregnant. I mean, he has a right to know before Christmas.

But then again, what will his reaction be? What if he leaves me? What if his parents find out and they never allow him to see me again? What if my parents find out and they disown me? Oh God, I don't think I can take all this pressure!

As Rachel was chatting away with her loved one, the one who she knows will always be by her side, I went into the bathroom to take a nice, long, hot shower. I needed one badly.

I turned on the hot water and let it run for a little while. When it was finally hot enough, I stripped out of my clothes and hopped in.

The water felt so nice on my face. It was like all my problems were washing away with the water. Almost as if when I climb out, there will be no more problems to deal with.

I stayed in the shower for longer than usual. I just loved the feeling of being under the hot water. It relaxes me. All of a sudden, Rachel knocked on the bathroom door, knocking me out of my happy thoughts. "Ally, Joe wants to talk to you."

Oh no. What if he wants to know what I was going to say before? What if I can't think of any excuses and just tell him? What if all the things I was thinking before were going to come true?!

I mentally slapped myself.

Alyssa, snap out of it! He won't leave you! None of those things are going to happen! Stop being a big baby and just go out there!

"Okay, just give me a minute." I yelled back out to Rachel. Then I turned off the water and hopped out. I wrapped a green towel around myself and walked out into the bedroom.

"Here you go. I think I'll go take a shower, too. If you already didn't use up all the hot water." She joked, handing me the phone. I would have laughed if it wasn't for all the stupid and crazy thoughts running through my mind. Here goes nothing...

"Hello?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Mm... I liked this chapter. Hope you guys feel the same.
Banners please people!!!!!!!!!!!! I would really appreciate it because I don't know how to make a banner for my life!!!!!!!!!

:)