‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 25

Image

Alyssa's P.O.V.

The first day of college went pretty well. Just the usual went on. Crazy notes. Crazy teachers who stalk you down to make sure you're paying attention. Crazy kids in the class who don't want to be in college in the first place and they're only here because their parents forced them to come. Yeah, just the usual. Nothing special went on.

Rachel and I were currently watching TV in our dorm. Family Guy was on. And since this was our first day here, we didn't have much homework. Just some essays that were due by the end of the week.

It was the episode where Peter lost his job and was looking for a new one. So he decided to work at this company where they make beer and he gets drunk on his first day. Rachel and I laughed when he got assigned a different part of the job and he was being ordered around by this retarded guy. (I don't mean that in a bad way. The poor guy literally was retarded.)

"Ha ha, he bit his finger!" Rachel laughed. I wasn't really paying attention. And when I was, I didn't laugh. It was really bothering me that I didn't tell Joe that I might be pregnant. I mean, I still haven't found out yet, but there's a possibility. The morning sickness went away, but I've been feeling very tired lately. I can hardly stay awake in class. And I'm always in hyper mode. Even when I only get two hours of sleep. Ugh!

"Hey, you okay? You haven't spoken a word since this morning. And that was just because you couldn't find your brush." Rachel turned her attention away from the TV. It was a commercial.

"I don't know. I feel really bad about not telling Joe that I might be pregnant, but I'm-"

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold on a minute. You still haven't told him?" Now she fully turned her whole body towards me.

"Well... no." I mumbled.

"Alyssa! You have to tell him sometime! I mean, we can go and take a pregnancy test, but you'll still have to tell him you're carrying around his baby." She was right. Even if I didn't tell him, we were going back for Christmas break, then what would I do? I'd be showing by then. It's only September and Christmas is a few months away.

Rachel sighed. "Come on. Let's go." She started to get up and grab her keys.

"Where are we going?" I asked, still sitting on the recliner.

"I'm taking you to go take a pregnancy test. We're getting this over with once and for all." My body tensed up. All these symptoms I've been having lead to me being pregnant. I don't know what I would do if I saw that little pink plus sign. I'd just about pass out right then and there.

After a while Rachel noticed I wasn't getting off the chair. So she came over to me and pulled me up. "I can't take the test without you." She pulled me over to the door.

No shit you can't take it without me.

We got in her car and drove over to the nearest CVS. Which wasn't that far away, thank God. I don't think we're allowed off campus at night.

We both got out of her car and walked inside. This time Rachel didn't even bother to look at what brand to pick out. She just grabbed one and headed for the bathrooms.

"Wait! Don't you think we should see which ones have the best results first?" I asked.

"No time! I don't want to get in trouble on the first day of school!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the bathrooms. Then she put the test in my hand and shoved me in the bathroom. I stumbled a bit but regained my balance. Jeez, for a pregnant woman, she sure is strong.

I paced around in the bathroom, waiting for the freaking thing to be done. "Is it done yet?" I heard Rachel groan from the other side of the door.

"No." I finally gave up pacing and sat on the toilet. My heart jumped out my chest when the test beeped, signaling that it had the result. My future was based on a plastic stick. There could be a fifty-fifty chance that I'm pregnant. Great...

I said a small prayer before going over to the sink to examine the plastic stick.

Blue minus sign.

"YES!" I screamed at the top of my lungs and danced around the room.

"What does it say? What does it say?" Rachel knocked on the door. I opened it and shoved the stick in her face.

"I'm not pregnant!" She hugged me tight and we both screamed and danced around while still holding on to each other. Ignoring the stares we got from some people, we raced out of CVS and into the car. We can't let this happy moment get ruined by getting in trouble.

Rachel turned the stereo up loud and we both sang on the top of our lungs to every song. Even the ones that we didn't know. We were having such a good time, until I saw two bright lights coming our way.

"Rachel look out!" I yelled. She turned her head to the side, but it was too late. The car crashed and all I saw was blackness.

For a moment my eyes wouldn't open. I heard shouting and sirens. But I couldn't move. Then, I passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh... not too good. Don't be mad at me for getting them into an accident. There's a reason for that. You'll find out in the next chapter!
This awesomely awesome banner was made by WinchesterChick. Thank you!!!
And thank you guys for reading and commenting!!

:)