‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 26

Beep... Beep... Beep...

I woke up to people talking around me. I tried to open my eyes, but it was useless. I couldn't muster up the strength. The more I tried, the more my head hurt on the left side. Why was it just the left side? Oh God... did I lose the right side of my head in the accident?!

Beep... Beep.. Beep.. Beep..

My heart rate sped up and the beeping sounds came faster and faster. Suddenly, the voices around me stopped.

"Is she awake?"

"What's going on?"

"Hurry! Check on her!"

I heard a few different people say. Then I felt bodies around me and something pressed down on my chest. At first it was cold, then this huge shock was sent through me.

Holy shit what the hell was that?!

My eyes flew open and I could see doctors all around my bed. I was in the hospital. They sighed and smiled at me. "Are you alright?" One lady asked me. She looked really nice, with her hair just touching her shoulders and winging at the end.

I nodded slowly, the left side of my head still throbbing. Since I was able to actually move, I decided to ask them the question that brought me into this situation. "Did I lose the right side of my head by any chance?"

I immediately regretted asking that after I saw the look on their faces. It was of pure confusion and amusement. They tried to hold their laughter, but a few failed.

"Um... no miss. Your whole head is there." A guy doctor said. I glared at him when he wasn't looking. I was seriously worried about my head, and he thought that this was funny. Asshole.

Then another question popped into my head that worried me more than my head. Rachel and the baby.

"Excuse me? But is Rachel alright?" The same guy doctor that answered my stupid head question looked at me funny.

"You mean the other pregnant woman in the car?"

"Yes. Is she okay? What about the baby?" I rushed. I was more worried about her than me. I mean, she was carrying Nick's child. That's two people. I'm sure that's more important than one little old me.

He looked at the other doctors among him. My heart started racing 50 miles and hour. Oh my God, just tell me. Is she freaking okay?!

He looked back at me. "Rachel's perfectly fine. The baby... we're not so sure about. We still have to run some tests." I swear my heart skipped a beat. The baby has to live... it just has to. What has Rachel ever done to deserve this? I felt the tears burn my eyes for my poor friend.

"But don't worry, you're child is doing fine. No damage has been done."

...

What the hell?!

This time my heart skipped about three beats. "Wh- what?" I asked him, trying hard to keep myself from fainting. I can't be pregnant. I took a test, and it was negative.

"You're baby. It's fine. Nothing happened to it." He said again. My eyes widened. I guess he could tell I was shocked because he continued.

"You didn't know you were pregnant, did you?"

"No shit! I mean, I already took a test. It came out negative. I can't be... Are you sure?"

They all nodded. "When we gave you a cat scan, we noticed a fetus growing. And the tests don't lie. But, the regular pregnancy tests you find in the store aren't always truthful."

Oh my God.

I'm pregnant with Joe's child. And I still haven't told him that I might have been pregnant. I suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter!!!!
I decided to post because I'm going to be gone for the weekend and can't take my computer. I don't know the next time I will be able to update, so please don't send hate mail telling me to hurry up. I'll try to update as soon as I can.
Thanks for reading!!!!!
Comments! Banners!

:)