‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 31

All was quiet in the room. Everybody was staring at Joe and I. Was I really ready to do this? Was I willing to skip out on college just for this? Joe seemed happy about it, and I know abortion is not the answer... so I guess this is the only way.

My parents were sitting on the couch in the Jonas' living room. Joe and I were standing a few feet away in front of them. It was just us. Everyone else went out to give us some privacy.

My parents had to find out.

"Mom, dad... I brought you guys here for a reason." I started off. I didn't want to just dump it on them that I'm pregnant. My mom would probably have a heart attack and my father would jump on Joe. And that's not really the reaction I want to come from them.

"What is it sweetie? You know you can tell us anything." My mom said. She seemed very calm, like she was ready for what was about to come out of my mouth. She has no idea...

My dad, on the other hand, was really nervous. It was obvious he wasn't ready for what was about to come out of my mouth.

Joe put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. I looked over at him and he smiled at me. I wish I could do the same...

"Well... you know how when two people are in love and they can't stay away from each other? How they always have to be around one another... holding hands, cuddling, kissing-"

"Alyssa, where is this going?" My father spat. Yeah, he's not very patient.

"What I'm trying to say is- is that... Joe and I are very much in love. So in love that we can't get enough of each other. Like if something ever happened to Joe, I don't know what I would do with myself. I would do anything and everything for him. He is-"

"Alyssa, we don't want to hear about your sappy love autobiography. If this is what you wanted to tell us, then it was a waist of our valuable time." My father, yet again, spat out.

"Harold, stop it! She is obviously going somewhere with this. Listen to her." She turned her attention to me. "Carry on."

I took a deep breath before continuing. I decided to just get it over with before my father gets even angrier with my stalling. That wouldn't leave much sympathy for the pregnant part. "Mom. Dad. I'm pregnant."

I looked at their faces while I said that. With which I am very proud of myself for. At least I didn't say it to the floor.

Their faces showed a mix of different emotions. My mother looked shocked, hurt, scared, surprised, happy, and sympathetic. While my father... well let's just say he was far different than my mom. All I saw in his face was anger and payback. He was looking at Joe.

"You took my daughter's innocence?" He said in a low, but very stern voice. I turned my head to look at Joe and his eyes were wide with fear. His mouth opened and closed for a while, trying to figure out what to say. I finally turned to my dad.

"Yes, he did. But I let him. And mind you, I have his innocence to. It was both of our faults." Joe finally just shut his mouth after nothing came out.

"Now you've gotten her pregnant and you're not even married?!" His voice got higher. He obviously didn't pay attention to my say in this.

"Uh... yes s- sir." He tried to say something else, but again, nothing came out.

"And you didn't even bother to use protection?!" His voice was reaching its highest peak. Joe was shaking next to me.

"Dad! For your information, we DID use protection. It's just that the condom broke! THAT wasn't our fault!" I yelled in his face. I was used to him being like this. It wasn't scary to me.

My mom just sat on the couch. All the emotions still playing on her face.

He seemed to calm down a bit. His eyes softened. "I appreciate that you both chose to protect yourselves. But that doesn't mean that I'm not disappointed in you both. It was very stupid of you two to just go and do what you please without thinking of the consequences first."

"Sir, don't worry. We're taking responsibility for our actions and we will do everything we can for this baby. I'll be there for her 100 percent." I'm impressed. Joe actually found his words.

"You better be. If I find out that you back down from anything, I'll hunt you down. Watch yourself boy." My dad glared at him. Jeez, I'm 18 for God's sake. I can take care of myself. Leave me alone!

Joe's eyes widened again and he nodded quickly.

"How far are you into the pregnancy?" My mom asked.

"About a month." Then something dawned on me. Rachel was a month along when she told me she was pregnant. Tears formed in my eyes. I still felt really bad for her. I quickly blinked them away before any spilled out and questions would have to be answered.

"Alright. Well we're here for you if you two need anything." She said. My father jerked his head her way. I'm surprised he didn't get whip lash.

"What?! They got themselves into this. So they need to do this on their own. If they think they're old enough to have sex, then they can-"

"Harold! They still only 18. They don't pay their own bills and they aren't married. We have to help them. And they did use protection. So just let it be!" My mother screamed at him. Yeah, I bet you can tell they get into some pretty serious fights.

My father looked at the floor and stayed quiet. He knew she was right. End of story. My mom turned back to us.

"Anyway, like I said. If you ever need anything, just give us a call." She smiled weakly at us. I knew she wasn't happy with the situation, but the least you can do is just make happy of it. "I'm going to be a grandmother!"

Joe and I laughed. I finally felt him relax and he put his arm around my waist. I put my head on his shoulder.

The news was finally out. No more worries about what my parents were going to say or do. It's all over and this massive weight was just lifted off my shoulders.

Now our next worry: college.
♠ ♠ ♠
HA HA!!! CLIFF HANGER!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, sorry. I know most of you don't like cliffhangers, but I'm in a hyper mood today. I promise all you guys that if I get at least 5 comments today, I'll update again today. If I don't, then I won't update until I get those 5 comments. Again, sorry.

Comments: 165
Readers: 367
Subscribers: 118

:)