A Different Sort of Love

Chapter One

My name is Kyleigh. I am 15 years old, and I am an orphan. My mother and father both died of cancer. The doctors couldn't do anything to save them. I got the same cancer, but this time the doctors could save me. I have a scar that runs from my left shoulder-blade to my mid-back. I have chocolate brown hair, except i have 3 full strands of 3 different colors. 1 strand is silver, 1 strand is gold, and 1 strand is a dark, dark brown. My eye are the only thing I like about myself. My eyes are a strange shade of light green.

When I'm on the streets, I wear a pair of shaggy blue jeans and a 'Happy Bunny' t-shirt. Most of the time, I wear a navy blue fleece sweat-top/hoodie when I go out begging on the corner. Yep, I beg from people for either food or money. Hey,isn't that what a homeless person does? Sometimes I wear a baseball cap with the Ireland flag on the front,and the words 'Pog Mathoin' on the back. It means 'kiss my ass' in Gaelic, the oldest Irish language. It was my dads, when he was alive.

I have friends who live on the same street that I live on. You can say that they are pretty good guys. 4 of them are the best people that I've ever met. There's Joe, Eli, Shawn, and Liah. The one I can say that I am most closes to is Shawn. He was the first one I met when I was on the street.

Eli is the sweetest girl you could ever meet, that is, until you get her angry. When she gets angry, we just run like the devil is on our heels. Joe is absolutely hilarious when it comes to begging. He will get down on his knees, pout (forgot to mention he puts on his puppy dog eyes) and pleads. And I mean litterally, pleads. He will cry and whine and sometimes even attach himself to the leg of the person that he is begging to. That works..sometimes. When the cops come,we gather our stuff and run. Shawn just asks quietly for food, like his sister, Liah. Yup, they are brother and sister. Their parents kicked them out of the house, those damn druggies. Excuse my language, but those two are the coolest, not to mention, understanding people in the whole world. Shawn has short black spiky hair with icy blue eyes. Its the eyes that really get to people. They think it means that he is cold-hearted and mean, but thats a lie. Shawn is the gentle giant, along with his sister.

Yup. I've had it pretty good so far. There's one other thing that I haven't told anyone about. People say that when babies are born, they are born with their 'third eye wide open and that when they get older,that third eye closes bit by bit'.

Well,my third eye hasn't closed one bit, which means that I can see,hear,and communicate with the most unlikeliest strangers. I can communicate with spirits. It's pretty weird, I know. But I'm stuck with it until I die.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last part, which states the 'third-eye in children', is true. I looked it up on the Internet.