A Different Sort of Love

Chapter 2

BAM! BAM! BAM! is all you hear as you roll over on your side. "Aw come on, Joe! Give us a break!" Shawn says as he sits up, rubbing his eyes.

"Wakey wakey everyone!" Joe says while smashing two pans together. He found them one day while walking on the side of the road. You pull your hoodie over your head and groan.

"You should have taken that thing away from him" Eli yawns while sitting up. Liah gets up also and stretches. Joe comes over to you, still banging the pots together.

"Wakey wakey, Kyleigh" he says, grinning.

You mumble something in the stuffed garbagebag that was your pillow. "Hey Shawn, help me get miss I-don't-wanna-get-up-here" Joe says. You pull your baseball cap over your eyes. Eli starts laughing as Shawn comes over and puts you over his shoulder. Your eyes snap open as you shriek.

"Alright! alright! I'm up! "you say. Shawn puts you down and stretches. "You didn't have to do that, ya know" you say, yawning.

"Well, it's the only way to get you up" Joe says. You all sit in a circle and talk about the fun you had last night, running away from the cops and stuff.

After about an hour, Eli stands up and smirks. "Well now, whose up for a bite to eat?" she says. You all cheer and head out. Shawn and Joe go to one corner and Eli, Liah, and you to the next block and sit at a corner. A elderly couple passes by.

"Please,can you spare one of us some change?" Eli says while standing up, but leaning to one side, pretending to be weak from starvation. Both you and Liah squint at the couple. All three of you had smothered dirt and mud on your arms and faces earlier on.

"Oh you poor dearies! Here you go!" the woman says, while handing Eli some change.

"Oh thank you so much!" Eli says, smiling. The couple walks away. Eli sits back down.You notice that the elderly woman keeps looking at you. You just shrug it off. "I love elderly people!" Eli says while counting the change. Liah whistles through her teeth.

"Wow..that couple gave us 20 cents!" she says, excitedly. The days goes by, and people walk by, either ignoring your 'pleads' or giving you some money. Before you can 'plead' to another person, Shawn and Joe come running.

"You guys..we gotta high-tail it outta here" Shawn says, gasping for breath.

"What? why?" Eli says.

"Because the cops are coming!" Joe says as two cop cars come around the corner. You swear and all of you run, sometimes knocking a person or two over.