A Different Sort of Love

Chapter 3

You continue running throughout the streets, not daring to look back. The cop car sirens wail behind you and your friends. "Quick! In here!" Eli shouts as she sprints into an alleyway. You all follow her, but stop as the alleyway leads to a dead end.

Three cop cars pull into the alleyway and stop. 12 cops come out of the cars and walk towards you and your friends. Liah squeaks and hides behind Shawn, while you and Eli link arms. Joe crosses his arms over his chest and glare at the cops.

"Hi kids. We are here because one concerned citizen wanted to bring a teenage girl and her friends off the streets and into a safe home" one cop says, while walking towards you and Eli. Eli sneers at the cop and flips him off. The other cops make a semi-circle around your group.

"Now, now children. Let's play nicely" another cop says, and then burts out laughing with the other cop. The first cop walks up to you and grins. You instantly dislike him.

"What are you staring at, fatty?" you say, glaring at the fat, and not to mention quite ugly, cop. The cop's eyes narrow.

"Don't you dare say that to me, young lady!" the fat cop bellows as he takes out his night-stick and strikes you with it. You land on your rear-end and swear under your breath.

Then, all hell breaks loose. All you can hear is shouts from the cops and swears from your friends as they fight. You jump on one cop's back and lock your arms around his neck. Eli does the same thing with another cop. The cop that you were on struggles for air and tries to get you off at the same time. You hear a sudden shriek from behind you. You look back and see at least three cops pulling Liah from Shawn.

"Liah!" you shout as you jump off the cop you were on. You run to help Liah, but your way is blocked as cops surround you. They force you to the ground and put hand-cuffs on you. You lay there, on your stomache with your arms cuffed uncomfortably behind your back, and breathing heavily. The cops do the same thing to Eli, then Liah, then Joe, and finally Shawn. You struggle, then give up as the cops pull you and your friends up off the ground.

The fat cop, with sweat pouring off his forehead, motions to you and Liah. "You two are coming with me" he says and walks towards one of the cars.

"Pssh..there is NO way I'm going in that car with you, fatty!" you say and spit on the ground before him. The cop sneers as you can hear sniggers from your friends, most likely Joe and Eli. Liah giggles and Shawn smirks.

"YOU'RE COMING WITH ME NO MATTER WHAT!" the cop yells in your ear and pushes you and Liah in the backseat.

"Don't worry Liah. We'll be ok" you say quietly to Liah as she looks out the window. She turns towards you and smiles a bit.

"Thanks,Kyleigh" she says and continues to stare out the window. You sigh and lean against the back seat. All too soon, the cop pulls up infront of the police station.