A Different Sort of Love

Chapter 4

When you and your group of friends enter the police station, they take you into seperate rooms, each one with white walls and pictures of criminals on the walls. The fat cop pushes Joe into the first room, Eli the second room, Shawn and Liah the third room, and finally he pushes you into the fourth room.

"This room will haunt me forever" you mutter as you sit in a chair in the corner of the room. A clock slowly ticks at the front of the room as time rolls by. You pull your cap off your head and run your fingers through your hair. You put the cap back on as the door finally opens. The fat policeman comes in with a family. You try your hardest not to laugh.

"This nice family, the Perkinsens, are here to adopt you, so behave young lady" the cop says. You glare at the cop, but then shift your attention to the Perkinsens.

"What is your name, girl?" the husband says in an icy tone.

"Kyleigh. What's it to you?" you say as you jam your hands in your pockets.

"I am Mr.Perkinsens and this is my wife, Mrs.Perkinsens. And this, is our adorable son, Henry" Mr.Perkinsens said as he pointed to each family memeber.

Mrs.Perkinsens looked like a pug, with her beady little eyes and grey hair with strands of hair sticking up everywhere. Mr.Perkinsens was no different. They had the same facial features. Mr.Perkinsens had slick black hair that looked like it had been jelled back too many times. Then there was Henry.

'Man,I feel sorry for that child!' you think as you glance at Henry.

He looked exactly like his dad, except he was much fatter, and his hair was brown. His greedy eyes looked you up and down.

'Oh God, please tell me that he is NOT checking me out!' you think in your head. You sigh and slouch in the chair. Mr.Perkinsens' eyes narrow.

"Stand up straight girl! You are going to be living with us and you must have proper manners!" he hissed. You bolt out of the chair in surprise.

"What?! There is no way I am going with you!" you shout.

"Too bad for you, but we've already signed the papers for you to come living with us" Mrs.Perkinsens says, her voice scratchy. Henry smirks at you.

"Whatever" you say and walk out of the room.

"Kyleigh!" you hear someone yell. You turn around and smile.

"Hey guys" you say as Shawn, Liah, Eli and Joe come running up to you.

"Who are those creep-a-zoids?" Joe says. Eli, Liah, and you laugh.

"The Perkinsens" you say. Your friends all burst out laughing. A hand suddenly lands on your shoulder, and pulls you away from your friends and out the police station door. "Hey! Alright I'm coming, jeez" you mutter as you are pushed into a car.

Unfortunately, Henry sits next to you. He presses against you and touches your hair. You pull away with a discusted look on your face.

"Hey don't touch my hair" you say, inching away from Henry.

"Why? I like your hair, it's nice and soft. I also like something else" he says as his eyes travel up and down your body.

'PERVERT!' you shout in your mind. His hand then moves up and down your thigh. You glare at him and before you can hit him in the face, Mrs.Perkinsens turns around so that she is facing you.

"From now on,you will call us sir and madam. You got that?" she says. You roll your eyes.

"Yes, m'am" you say sarcastically.

"Good" Mrs.Perkinsens says, and turns around as the car drives up a long driveway.