The Wild Ride

Chapter 13

Jason's P.O.V.
"Mother fucking phone!" I hissed being awakened by someone's cell going off. Three guesses whose it is.

Matt (my brother) jumped out of his bunk above me and sauntered passed, mumbling something about a "clingy ass girlfriend." I chuckled and headed for the kitchen to get some orange juice.

As I walked through the living area, I saw Liss, Johnny, Bee, Brian, and Lyndsey, who was playing with Rilen, hanging out. "Hello ladies," I greeted with a smirk.

I entered the kitchen and got a glass and the OJ out. As I was pouring it, I heard Brian yell, "I am not a woman!"

I went back in and sat next to Lyndsey on the floor. She smiled at me. "Good morning Jason."

"Pssh. Yeah if you like getting woke up by a cell phone. I swear if it happens again, I'm throwing the damn thing at a wall."

Lyndsey laughed. "That might be doing him a favor."

"Probably not. If you heard how he talked to her, you wouldn't think that. Speaking of which, I'm going to go ask Romeo why his girlfriend doesn't leave him alone for more than an hour." I got up.

"Good luck dude," Johnny stated.

I walked back to the bunks. Matt was still in his bunk glaring at Zacky across from him. "I don't think glaring at him is going to get him off the phone," I informed him.

He looked up at me. "Yeah, but it prevents me from shoving the thing down his throat."

This actually made Zacky look over at us. "Hey Gena, I gotta go. Love ya." He flipped his phone shut and groaned. Was that annoyance I heard? "Sorry if that woke you guys up," he said to us before I could come up with some assholish remark.

"What? You don't like her calling all the time?"

Zacky shrugged. "Well I did. But now it's a little annoying."

Matt got out of his bunk and headed toward the living area. I frowned. "Well, that was a quick change of heart. Did something happen?"

"I think she calls all the time because she want to make sure I'm not cheating on her. I realized this yesterday."

"Sounds like a suckish relationship to me. Why doesn't she just end it if she doesn't trust you?"

Zacky shrugged again. "I don't know, but I'm turning my phone off for a while. I don't feel like being bugged right now."

"Okay, I'm going back to watch T.V. now." Zacky nodded and I left. I sat next to Lynds again. Rilen was now asleep in her lap. He is a cute little kid.

Without realizing what I was doing, I put my arm around Lyndsey's shoulders. She looked up questioningly at me, then turned back the the screen.

"We should watch a movie," Bee suggested randomly.

We all agreed and Lynds excitedly said, "Let's watch Indiana Jones!"

Brian got up and put the movie in. About halfway into the movie, Lynds rested her head on my shoulder. I smiled to myself. I think I'm starting to like Lyndsey as more than a friend.