Wait to Save Me, I'll Save You Too

Fourteen.

"Caleb, will you get that?!" I yelled, as I stood infront of the bathroom mirror getting ready for my baby shower, as I heard the home telephone ringing over and over repeatedly. As I heard it stop, I took a deep breath and continued to curl my red auburn like hair.
"Steph?" I heard Caleb running up the stairs, and then stopped. "Stephanie!"
I rolled my eyes. "What?"
"Your mom's on the phone."
"Well Caleb, can you bring the phone to me? I'm getting ready!" I said, in annoyance.
I heard Caleb say something to my mother, and continued his way up the stairs. He came into the room shirtless and wearing a pair of blue boxers, and handed the telephone to me.
I put the curling iron down on the sink, and snatched the phone out of his hand. "Hey, mom." I said, as I seen Caleb leave the room from the corner of my eye.
"Hi, sweetie, are you excited for today? You know I can't wait."
"I guess so. Even though I didn't really want to have a babyshower."
"Oh." my mother was quiet. "Well, I'm sorry that I pressured you into it."
"No, mom you didn't. Just forget I said that, I'm just being moody today, don't take it personally."
My mom laughed. "It's your hormones."
"Yeah..." I sighed, as I began putting on liquid eyeliner on the top of my eyelids.
"Sweetie, I can't wait until next month. Oh, our little angel is finally going to be with us."
I laughed at her. Only because she used the term 'little angel'. "Yeah, okay mom."
"Have you decided on any names?"
"Not yet. Well kind of-listen mom, I need to finish getting ready, I'll see you later, okay?"
"Okay, honey. I'll see you in an hour. I love you."
"Love you too, bye." I hung up the phone, and walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom.
As I walked my way over to the closet, I felt a painful cramp in my stomach. I gasped, and bent over in pain. "Owww." I cried out quietly. As the pain went away slowly, I stood all the way back up again, and took a deep breath of relief.

I reached into the closet, and grabbed my coat, and then walked over to my dresser to get my purse and car keys, and then made my way downstairs.
I walked into the kitchen to get a life water, and then went into the living room. I found Caleb laying on the couch, watching a movie. Finally, he looked over at me. "You look nice." he smiled. I sighed. "Well, I'm leaving now."
"Do you want me to drive to?" Caleb sat up from the couch.
"No, it's okay. The place is only twenty minutes away anyway..and I also wouldn't want you going out in public dressed like that." I laughed.
Caleb laughed also. "Call me if you need anything, I love you."
"I will, and I love you too." I walked my way twoards the door.
"Have fun!" Caleb shouted, as I walked out of the house.

I walked my way to my car, and got in. I sighed, and turned on the ignition. The truth was, I didn't feel like going to the baby-shower. Actually, I didn't even want to have one at all. I was only doing this for my mom.
As I pulled up at a red stop light, the sharp pain came back again. Only this time, it was so much worse. I felt like screaming. I felt as if the baby inside of my was going to rip out of the middle of my stomach, like she was going to split it open. I gasped loudly again. "Please stop, baby, please." I actually felt like I was going to cry this time from the pain. Suddenly, I heard a car honk their horn behind me. I looked up at the stop light, which was green now. I held onto my painful stomach, and drove off, and finally made it to the café where my baby shower was being held.

I parked my car in the parking lot, grabbed my purse, and made my way inside.
Everyone greeted me with a cheer as I walked through the door. "There she is!" Kennedy yelled out.
I laughed. "Wow, I wasn't expecting this you guys!" I yelled back.

There were pink and yellow balloons everywhere, and a big pink sign that read 'It's a Baby Girl!' on it. The tables had yellow throw overs, and there was one table with food and drinks on it, and another with presents.
"Sweetie!" My mother called, as she ran over to me, with my Aunt Susan following behind her. "Thank you so much for letting me pull this off for you!"
I laughed. "You're welcome, mom. It looks like your enjoying it more than I am."
"Oh, don't be silly!" my Aunt Susan demanded. "You just got here. We're all going to have so much fun."

******
After a hour of sitting around, playing baby games, and opening presents, everyone was now eating.
"Finally." Kennedy said, as she took a bite of a snack sandwich. "I've been starving this whole time."
I laughed. "That's something you're going to have to get use to."
"Do you even know what you're going to name your baby girl?" my sister, Michelle asked, out of no where.
I sighed. "Sort of. I have two names." I smiled at her.
"Really? What are they?"
"Well, Caleb and I were thinking-" I stopped, and gasped in pain, as I felt the sharp pain again.
"Stephanie, are you okay?" Kennedy asked, worried.
"Yeah." I took a deep breath, and got up from the chair. "I'm just going to go use the restroom." I faked a smile.
"Do you want me to come with you?" Michelle asked.
"No," I forced a small laugh, as I was bent over in pain, "Guys, I'm okay. I'll be right back."

I walked my way across the room, and into the restrooms. I looked in the mirror at myself, and seen that my cheeks were pink. I got a papertowl out of the rack, and wet it to put it to my forehead, and then the sharp pains came again. This time, they knocked me off my feet, and I was on my knees, in pain. I was breathing heavily, and was trying not to cry. "God, please stop this." I whispered to myself. Then all of a sudden, I felt my water break.
I started to panic.
"Oh my god!" Kennedy said, as she walked into the restroom to see me on the floor. "Stephanie!"
"Get my mom!" I cried out.
Kennedy ran out of the restroom, yelling my mothers name. As they returned, as least 15 people returned with them.
"Oh, dear!" Calebs mother said, as she and my mother ran over to me, and helped me off of the floor.
"It's time." I looked at both of them, as I took deep breaths.
Kennedy and Michelle gasped, as they put their hands over their mouths in shock.
"Call Caleb!" I yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
;D
Comment?
PLEASE<3